PDA

View Full Version : How to create a helper with the click drag steps

madjeter
02-23-2009, 07:54 AM
Hi all:
I created my helper and it requires some click and drag steps to create with some parameters. The clicks and drags decide the values of some parameters.

Because the helper is hard to find, I provide toolbar shortcut to create my helper. But I found it will skip the click and drag operations if I use codes like 't = myHelper()' through toolbar icon. The codes like 't = myHelper()' only creates a helper with defualt parameters and at place the helper at point [0, 0, 0].

So, is there any way to create my helper just like the behavior to create it via the helper's panel?

Thanks!

ZeBoxx2
02-23-2009, 01:04 PM
You're looking for this, I think...
startObjectCreation <maxobjclass> [returnNewNodes:<flag>] [newNodeCallback:<fn>]
Create Panel
The startObjectCreation() method is used to simulate the user finding a Create Panel button for a given object class and pressing that button, putting 3ds Max into create mode for that object class.

madjeter
02-24-2009, 02:40 AM
It works. Thanks a lot!

CGTalk Moderation
02-24-2009, 02:40 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.