PDA

View Full Version : Render odd frames - 1, 18, 37 through command shell.

LeeGriggs
02-22-2009, 03:12 PM
Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to render a number of frames, say - 1, 18, 37 through a dos command shell using one scene file.

The only render flag I have seen is -s and -e for start and end.

So I tried:

render -r mr -s 1 -e 1 -s 18 -e 18 -s 37 -e 37 C:\mayascene.mb

However this just rendered frame 37 and ignored the others.

I was hoping to do this through a command shell, rather than use render management software like smedge.

cheers,
lee

earlyworm
02-22-2009, 04:06 PM
As far as I know Maya doesn't offer custom frame selection (1-3, 4, 6, 12-34, etc) when rendering - or at least doesn't expose the option to do so either through the Render Globals or the commandline.

In your example you could just split the 'render' command up into three different lines...

render -r mr -s 1 -e 1 C:\mayascene.mb
render -r mr -s 18 -e 18 C:\mayascene.mb
render -r mr -s 37 -e 37 C:\mayascene.mb

Or come up with a wrapper command to spit out the command lines based on certain arguments (ie. myrender -frames 1 18 37 c:\mayascene.mb), although I'm not too sure how you'd do this using a windows batch file.

LeeGriggs
02-23-2009, 02:23 PM
Thanks for that Earlyworm. I was hoping to get around it as I have a lot of scenes to render out, but I think this is the only way.

cheers,
lee

CGTalk Moderation
02-23-2009, 02:23 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.