PDA

View Full Version : Apc

Solace9
07-02-2003, 10:27 PM
No, that's not an acronym for Armored Personel Carrier; it's an acronym for Architectural Previsualization Composite, though. :)

The intent of this project is to get an Architectural Previsualization in my portfolio with succesful compositing into a real 2D picture.

Lightwave3D7.5 was used to model, texture, render and composite.
Photoshop 6.5 and a digital camera were used to get the base of all textures created.

I preffere to hear about the composite work [are perspective, lighting direction, lighting color, lighting brightness, shadow value and hue all beleivable?, but any other comments on the modeling and textureing are just as welcome.

Solace9
07-02-2003, 11:09 PM
Bank Fix

powerwave3d
07-02-2003, 11:26 PM
I think it looks pretty good. Biggest thing I see that bothers me is the stairs... They go out so far from the house and down into the grass. If someone parks in the driveway they have to walk thru grass inorder to get to the stairs. I can't imagine anyone actually making something like when their driveway is paved. I would consider reworking the stair design to make it look more believable.

oxygen_77
07-03-2003, 03:36 AM
Looks nice, but the specular reflection in the middle of the house is really detracting from the realism. If you reduce that a lot I think it will help. Keep up the good work!

Solace9
07-03-2003, 09:12 PM
Oxygen_77:
This incorporates the Specularity&Diffuse adjustments.
I also added a green color to the light that's lighting the Garage area so mimick radiosity a bit more...

Powerwave3D:
Creating a set of steps or a path to the stairs is problematic in this case because the stairs actually drop bellow the first floor of the model. So, to create a path that looks level with the ground it's composited on just won't work by straighforward modeling and rendering... i supose i could do some photoshop work or adjust the first set of stairs... but i'm still thinking that over...

But how's the lighting and coloring now?

-S9

Solace9
07-03-2003, 10:38 PM
powerwave3D:
Okay, the stairs' model has been adjusted so that they only come down one flight... and that fixed a few complications, wooohooo...
also, a wooden deck now links the driveway to the stairs as well...

:beer:

I also fixed the perspective so that the virtual camera is at the height of the real camera.

:shrug: <--- [that's not a shrug.. it's a guy trying to figure out the perspective]

This can't be perfect yet.
Any more crits?

L&RviaS9

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.