PDA

View Full Version : My new Lightwave portfolio site is up!

danielkaiser
07-02-2003, 10:30 PM
qcvfx.com (http://qcvfx.com)

Please visit
Coments welcome

Thanks
Dan

leigh
07-02-2003, 10:39 PM
Perhaps it would have been better to label this thread as "portfolio site" or else people might go there expecting to find LW resources. I am renaming your thread for you.

ronaldomiranda
07-02-2003, 11:12 PM
I cant acess the galery page from here mate!

danielkaiser
07-02-2003, 11:28 PM
Both links work for me, I'm using IE and Netscape latest versions.

The only thing I can say is please try again.

Thanks for the input.
Dan

milqman
07-02-2003, 11:52 PM
what software did you use.

Kvaalen
07-03-2003, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by milqman
what software did you use.

It looks like Bryce. Iv'e never used Bryce but every one knows what it looks like. :p

It sure doesn't look like LightWave :shrug:

leigh
07-03-2003, 12:34 AM
Well, I'm assuming that since this is posted in the LW forum, and the owner of the thread labelled it as his LW site, then this should surely be LW stuff :shrug:
I must admit that it does look like really old LW stuff though. Really strange pics (in terms of subject matter).

Edit: Daniel - care to enlighten us? Is this pure LW stuff, or is this a mixture? Looking through your gallery, it doesn't all look like LW stuff. WHat other programs have you been using for this? A bit of background info on each pic in your gallery is usually a good idea on portfolio sites.

d4rk
07-03-2003, 01:16 AM
Sorta reminds me of my old old LW5 stuff back "in the day", I was always embarassed to post it anywhere though. I guess I was too hard on myself.

The productions page blows me away...

... I need to get some cofindence and go get some work....:D

leigh
07-03-2003, 01:26 AM
Oh, I forgot to add that overall I think the site is nice and clean, but the navigation is a little lousy in places. Like when browsing the gallery - I'm not mad about that navigation setup, and it's also annoying that the main nav buttons (home, contact, etc) are lost when viewing images individually.

webfox
07-03-2003, 02:35 AM
The B-17 animation link goes to the earth flyover instead.

Please check that.

danielkaiser
07-03-2003, 04:36 AM
Images 1-7 were done in 1995 or 96 on an Amiga3000 Tower using LW4 the mosquito took 40 hours to render (ouch) the rest were done with LW6.5 and above. Unfortunately I did very little creative work between 96 and 02 mostly corporate crap as evident in my show reel.

Gallery Navigation: Yea it sucks! working on it.

B-17: fixed.

Leigh: "Really strange pics (in terms of subject matter)"
Dan: Looking Confused (my usual state) ????

Thanks
Dan

Joviex
07-03-2003, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by danielkaiser
qcvfx.com (http://qcvfx.com)

Please visit
Coments welcome

Thanks
Dan

Kool site, nice work. I like the ode to dali image.

Hopefully you can get back into non-boring 3d cause it looks like you have some great skills.

leigh
07-03-2003, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by danielkaiser
the mosquito took 40 hours to render (ouch) the rest were done with LW6.5 and above.

LOL! Aaaah those were the days :p

Leigh: "Really strange pics (in terms of subject matter)"

Yeah, I just mean that the actual images are of really unusual things. I mean planets and stuff are pretty standard, if you know what I mean, but the ones with people and some of the "architectural" ones are really bizarre. I don't mean that in a bad way - the art just has a really surreal feeling, and it's really unusual to see surrealism in 3D :)

danielkaiser
07-04-2003, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Leigh
LOL! Aaaah those were the days :p

Yeah, I just mean that the actual images are of really unusual things. I mean planets and stuff are pretty standard, if you know what I mean, but the ones with people and some of the "architectural" ones are really bizarre. I don't mean that in a bad way - the art just has a really surreal feeling, and it's really unusual to see surrealism in 3D :)

I have a background in fine arts and grew up in the 70's about 8 miles from Disney Land; I think it's had a lasting impression on my work.

Thank's all for the encouragement (except for the Brice guy :p )
Of the 8 or 9 forums I've posted to this one has been the most active and helpful.

Dan

danielkaiser
08-08-2003, 10:18 PM
Improved the navigation I think?

As always comments + or welcome.

Thanks

danielkaiser
08-19-2003, 06:46 PM
- Bump -

As always comments + or welcome.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.