PDA

View Full Version : Character - Rage man

rolhionjs
07-02-2003, 08:32 PM
Hi all,

Besides my other projects, i still work on rendering skin. For this reason i still try to reach my goal, and even if this time i'm close, i'm not really satisfied... Anyway, here it is :

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/designpicture/rage02.jpg

UnlikelyCorny
07-02-2003, 08:57 PM
Well, It's good skin.... What program/plug-in/renderer did you work with?

The only funny bit I notice is the forehead which seems to have wringle lines painted upon.

Since it's not about the character, it is probably not important, but his lips and cheakbone-to-eyes-areas look a bit ackward.

The chesthair and niple are very convincing.........

ADiSH
07-02-2003, 09:19 PM
looks good :drool:

but like UnlikelyCorny said the shadowed area looks kind of square if you know what i mean..
alsothe side of the mouth looks weird, and the chin is a bit small..

good job on the skin, i like the tattoo

:thumbsup:

Magius
07-02-2003, 09:48 PM
i wonder .... when will they stop using real actors ??? umm... soon i believe..

GGGRRRRRREEEEEEAAAAATTTTT WWOORRKK!!! :beer:

rolhionjs
07-03-2003, 10:07 AM
Well i'll post another render view, without morphs, simple face mouth close to see him without expression. I think the mistakes of the face are due to the fact of the morph i need to work on.

rolhionjs
07-03-2003, 11:22 AM
Another setting with a photoshop post prod :

http://www.designpicture.com/images3Dversion/rage.jpg

sarfarazsoomro
07-03-2003, 11:47 AM
superb ! :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

Tephlon
07-03-2003, 12:04 PM
think the main reason his face looks a bit weird is because of the position of the mouth. He has a really long upperlip and a small chin.

Other than that you've done a great job. Very realistic!

About digital actors: Right now it's cheaper to hire Schwarzennegger or Keanu Reeves to do their "acting" than to get a voiceartist, a modeler and enough renderingpower. Give it another few years... :-)

OZ
07-03-2003, 12:05 PM
Pure .::STRIKE::. class!!

:applause:

rolhionjs
07-04-2003, 02:20 AM
thanks !

hey Oz ! how are you ??? :) has been a long time ! ;)

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/designpicture/rage03.jpg

lmc
07-04-2003, 07:39 AM
Good skin, and the model too.....welldone anyway :thumbsup:

griffdrc
07-04-2003, 07:50 AM
his left bicep is pushed out to much... on the first set there is a bump on his trap that should be closer to his shoulder and slightly smaller... i think his face looks a little akward on the first one because his chin was too small and there is an extra wrinkle in his face... the deep wrinkle should go to the tip of his nostral not towards his eye...

i love all the little detail like the wrinkles in the knuckles... a great model... :thumbsup:

another thing to think about with the cg actors is you can make a movie faster with actors than animators... actors are also one of the selling points of movies... but most important there is not enough of a demand for it... i think there will be more and more cg movies but it will take time... they will always be the rarity and not the regularity...

Soulstorm
07-04-2003, 09:05 AM
his pinky is going through his right arm on that last pic :p

anyways: awesome render dude. what did you render this in?

(btw did you download the shader from somewhere or do you know a site that tells me how i can create a skin shader like this?)

G-Prime
07-04-2003, 09:09 AM
WOW Vin Diesel from XXX !
Awsome dude !

Oscarini
07-04-2003, 10:07 AM
Aa I allways thought - there is no way 2 anime 3Dpeople! I have one modelled - but I'm a lilbit afraid of controllers setup I will need 2 place 2 get smooth muscled body workin'!

Anyway - not so ba try - BUT still need 2 work on it! :thumbsup:

Soulstorm
07-04-2003, 02:06 PM
his ears are way too small btw

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.