PDA

View Full Version : Expression for detecting acceleration?

JookBoxer
02-21-2009, 02:27 AM
I'm trying to make the values of Object 'X' go up gradually when another object 'B' is moving. Then when object 'B' stops moving, Object X's values would gradually descend until eventually it hits a clamped value. I'm sure keeping object X's values within a particular range like 7 and 20 shouldn't be too hard. Also would need helping figuring out method for rate of gradual descension. I'm mostly used to using expression in maya...

ekoTrue
02-21-2009, 10:34 AM
This is sosmething I've wanted to know for awhile to. I know that you can can set an object to increase in value in the animation editor with Gradient Extrapolation (dam thats a long word) and you can set up the relation between the 2 object in the parameter connection editor.

However i dont know how you would get the object decelerate after the other object had stopped.

Goodluck

Strang
03-01-2009, 12:49 AM
check out the objects global transform > velocity/acceleration tab

also the manual is useful, just type in 'acceleration'

steven

3DQUAKERS
03-01-2009, 04:24 PM
You would have to use a scripted operator to calculate how much the driver object is moving with respect to the previous frame.
Then it's a matter of applying an easing formula to get the driven to accelerate/decelerate according to the driver's motion.

CGTalk Moderation
03-01-2009, 04:24 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.