PDA

View Full Version : How Dare You!!

lsanchez
02-20-2009, 09:53 PM
Just wanted to share this lip sync i've been working on for my own practice. I know it still needs work but wanted to get some feedback from you fellow cgtalkers. The purpose of this lip sync is to explore different emotions of screaming "how dare you!" i.e. angered, outraged, and shocked, appalled. Any tips and advice on how to improve this would be very much appreciated. :thumbsup:

http://vimeo.com/3300596

torresmedia
02-21-2009, 05:26 PM
Nice movement :) I thought it was very nice. Liked the hand motion. It all fitted very well togheter...

rstratton
02-26-2009, 01:40 AM
Your first one is very solid, I really like all the subtle movement you have in the character and facial is really good. I would say you should vary up the timing and maybe the posing on the arms right now though because it feels as though they are moving together on the same frames and when I say this I mean just setting them a few frames apart would make a dramatic difference. Also try and change up the pose a little more when they are up because right now they are almost mirrored and that feels unnatural.

The second one doesn't look as though it has had the same amount of time put into it and needs some movement in the lower half of the body. Something like some subtle back and forth movement in the legs when he is moving around. Also play your poses to the camera right now when he saying "dare" if you were to make that shot a silhouette you wouldn't be able to read it. It also feels as if everything is hitting on all the same frame in this one as well, offset the arms and head from the body.

I think with just a few improvements you will have a couple of very solid pieces though I would show the first one if I was going to show this sound clip. I hope this was helpful

CGTalk Moderation
02-26-2009, 01:40 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.