PDA

View Full Version : walkthrough on merging layers?

Levitateme
07-02-2003, 05:19 PM
can someone walk me through how to merge layers in MB. i have a animtion with 5 layers total of animation. base layer, arms, legs, spine. kinda like that. can someone tell me how to get all the animation on 1 layer? thanks very very much.

LFGabel
07-03-2003, 09:23 AM
In the fcurves window, select merge and you get a few different options. They're pretty self explanatory.

Or you can merge all, by clicking on "remove".

Levitateme
07-03-2003, 09:46 PM
ifgable, i go on like layer 5 an click merge all, but everylayer still has its key frames on there. so how do i know if it is working?

LFGabel
07-03-2003, 10:07 PM
In the FCurves window, if you:

- Click the 'Merge' button, then select Layers>All, Properties>All, Objects>Scene, this will merge all of your animation and place it on the base layer.

- Select a layer (like layer 5) and click the 'Remove' button, then select 'Merge All', all of your animation from layer 5 will be merged and placed on the base layer. All other layers remain intact.

That's about it.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.