PDA

View Full Version : Colored Poisons

insanelight
05-04-2002, 08:52 PM
I made this in MAX 4.2, rendered in Brazil R/S.

Tell me what you think! And if you visit my web site, you can leave a comment for each image you see! :deal:

http://www.insanelight.com/images/gallery/big/colored_poisons.jpg

Visit my web site: www.insanelight.com (http://www.insanelight.com)

epatnor
05-04-2002, 09:40 PM
Hey man,

I like it! Nice colors! Not too realistic tho... But it's quite a composite you got there and it's kind of future / fantasy... I can't put my finger on it but it has something...

Good! :)

*cough* skulls in dirt... *cough*

henry
05-05-2002, 01:23 PM
i've visited your site (which is beautiful btw :)) and i've seen all your images, and as much as i'd love to comment on each picture seperately (believe me! i've done it again!) i'm gonna give you some general comments on your work.

. you need to work on your heads :) some of them look like they weren't given much attention

. don't use big amounts of bump mapping because they only make your models look way too 3d :)

. i love the robot at your frontpage! I simpy love it!

. work on your lighting. search for lighting studies in the web to improve that section

ok i think these are what i can remember :) overall you're on the right track :) looking forward to seeing some new stuff!

bye from henry :wavey:

Henrik Hrlin
05-05-2002, 05:59 PM
OK, now Im quoting Henry...

Agree on the lighting, needs more work.
I also went to your homepage and found that you do have a certen style that differ from the "normal" 3D-semi-novice path. Keep doing that!

Now, to this perticular picture.
Its a nice picture that conforms to your style, this is good.
However If you want to move away from the CG-look Id recomend these steps for starters.

The overall feel I get is the one of a game. (the atmosphere is SOO Battle zone) (wich I love!):love:
Id drop the fighters, they dont belong there.
The light in the cave... nope... loose that too.
And the fountains... make them in the same colour.
I looks like hes proud of killing a skeleton, not very impressive unless it was a "magical" skeleton. Make it a creature of flesh AND bone. Or if hes proud of finding it give him another pose.
And this goes for all of your other characters too... dare to give them a bit more dramatic poses.
That will do for now.
Keep em comming!

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.