PDA

View Full Version : Poster: "Agent 005: The Sex Is Not Worth It"

Grinning Maniac
07-02-2003, 05:00 PM
Yes, I know I posted this already in the Gallery, but I really didn't get any critiques, which is what I wanted. So here it is...again.

http://www.bulletsmadhouse.homestead.com/files/005.jpg

Thanks in advance.

demo38
07-02-2003, 06:50 PM
I like the black outline of the guy aiming the gun at himself, but it reads a little "loose" to me??? Maybe a tighter, more detailed line to go more along with the white lines on the girl???

The text looks deliberately placed to me... Almost too deliberately placed... I almost think it would be more effective to the message if the text blurbs get cut off somehow, implying they are wrapping around her, and never stopping, instead of one liners???

The BITCH on the forehead is CLASSIC!

The fire in the background looks scaled up a bit much. It would be nice to read some more detail in it. However, this may take away from the text legibility... But, you're the artist to figure that out!

It's looking great!

halogenic139
07-02-2003, 11:14 PM
the silhouette of the man's hand holding the gun looks off, although it might just be me.

wouldn't his pointer finger block that little bit of light behind the trigger?

and on the handle of the gun shouldn't there be only 3 fingers, instead of 4? b/c the thumb's on top (or at least somewhere else) and the pointer finger's on the trigger, and that would only leave 3 for the handle.

other than that it looks great, i love the idea!

d8ed
07-03-2003, 12:08 AM
agreed. definitely work on the profile of the guy.. give him more of a chin and fix the hand and the gun. basically make them more realistic. they're a bit too cartoony for a james bond style poster.

i'd also round out the girl's butt area since it looks a bit too flat and mold her chest more like a real breast since james bond style opening sequences and posters usually use nude women.

overall it's a great idea and well done.

oh.. and usually if you're gonna shoot yourself in the mouth, you'd hold the gun upside down pointing up at your brains. =)

not that i've tried it..

good work.

Anoma1y
07-03-2003, 06:31 AM
Pretty good, but my biggest quibble is about the form of the woman. She looks quite long-waisted, with short little stubby legs, which is the reversal of the classic bond-esque girl. I would be more pleasing to my eye if her legs were longer and thinner.

I agree about the text. It just screames photoshop, which significantly distracts from the otherwise unique and classy style.

btw, gamegossip was kinder, neh?

Grinning Maniac
07-03-2003, 07:47 AM
Anoma1y: Yeah, they are. That's why I come here now too. Professional opinion. ;)

Everyone: I appreciate your suggestions, and am implementing some of them into my design.

I've fixed the chin on the shadow man and will be working on the hands when I get home. I don't know how I let that mistake slip past in the first place. ;)

I'm still going to have the one liners on the body, but I will play around more with making some of them get cut off to have the illusion of them going on forever(I had a LITTLE of that happening on the handbag).

The shape of the body however, I can't change much. Her waist was even longer in my original sketch, but someone else pointed it out to me and I fixed it as much as I could before I did too much work on the whole thing... :hmm: I guess I could always lie and say I meant to have it be more of an average looking girl. Who knows?

The FreakyOne
07-03-2003, 05:25 PM
look sliek the guy has 6 fingers :p unless thats hsi thumb on the triger but i highly doubt it

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.