PDA

View Full Version : Procedurals problem

log
01-13-2002, 08:50 PM
Im having an annoying problem with my procedural textures, and I can't get rid of it! :(
Its the falloff, no matter what percentage I put as falloff, it never falls off(well it probably does, but not the way I want it ;) ) ! I don't get it, i've tried changing the grid size but that doesnt work!

As for my latest scene, im using a landscape and want a procedural to end at a certain level. The height of the displacement maps are 11m ( I think)
but when I put the falloff to 100, nothing happens, and even when I move the center of the procedural around it never falls off completely!
Gaah, im going crazy soon! (or im just tired :P )

Chewey
01-13-2002, 08:55 PM
try using gradients instead of falloff.

log
01-14-2002, 02:39 PM
doesn't work either :(

im kind of curious of whats wrong with my LW, even at 10000% falloff in the Y axis it doesn't fall off at a high speed at all!

Plz help

Chewey
01-14-2002, 03:11 PM
Maybe you should post the scene in a zip file so someone else can load it into Lightwave and see what they can do to help you. Without more specific and detailed information it's really difficult to guess what your problem might be.

log
01-14-2002, 05:57 PM
ok i'll try posting a pic!
my ftp provider doesn't support direct linking anymore (damn wankers) so ill give you the adress.

http://hem.passagen.se/quirk/odd.jpg

drag it to the adressbar ;)

CIM
01-15-2002, 01:47 AM
Use a Gradient with the Blending Mode set to Alpha. Set the Input Parameter to Slope. You can use different Input Parameters, but the key is the Alpha Gradient here.

log
01-15-2002, 04:53 AM
okay i'll try that!
Thanks!

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.