PDA

View Full Version : "Natural" Camera for indoor scene

wannabeArtist
02-19-2009, 08:01 AM
Hi!

I'm starting with indoor modeling, but I don't seem to find a suitable camera to get close-to eye sight view of the room.

I'm totally noob with XSI cameras and for now I've been happy with whatever the perspective view gives. Perspective just won't work very well for a room of about 3x4 meters, so any suggestions for focal lenght or field of view for this?

I also tried to "leave out" couple of walls from the room, so I can place my camera further away, but that didn't really give the kind of view I want. I'm sitting in one corner of such room and I would want my camera to see pretty much what I see :)

I'm using XSI 7 if that makes any difference in the camera settings

Thanks!

Ohmanoggin
02-19-2009, 01:55 PM
In the camera view port, click the "camera" icon and select properties.

Move the "Field of View" slider. This is similar to zooming a lens on a real comera. What you were probably doing before is dolly, where you are moving the camera.

Hope this helps,
Ohmanoggin

Obizzz
02-20-2009, 02:46 PM
In real life such a photo would probably be taken with a lens using a focal lenght somewhere between 20-100mm so try something in that area.

wannabeArtist
02-20-2009, 03:20 PM
Yeah, that was my guess too, but actually I got this sketch looking pretty natural with 6mm focal length.. I need to try this with the walls and windows, but at least the table looks about like it should (the camera is couple of meters from the tv, about). Oh well, staring at the set from my sofa, I have to disagree with myself: the speakers have way too heavy perspective, if I look at lines on their sides, darn...

http://s5.tinypic.com/2rxv7o6.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
02-20-2009, 03:20 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.