PDA

View Full Version : Wiring/Connecting Sliders

BenterA
02-18-2009, 07:08 PM
Hi all,

i recently try to create a custom ui for my character (by script, createDialog).a seperate window with a picture of my character as a background and a view buttons and sliders to select my control splines etc.).

Ive one big problem:

for the hands and feets, i've created common sliders for footroll, fk/ik-blending and so on (attribut holder and script) and wired them.
now i try to setup a couple of new sliders in my UI (mentioned earlier), which i created with createDialog, to control all of those in one UI (Window).

My Problem is that i do not find a way to connect my origin sliders to the newer ones.
as a test a tried it with both hand fk/ik-sliders via script controller so that for example the right one controls the left one and it worked pretty well.
but those new ones (in my UI) aren`t listed anywhere so i have no idea how to set them as "master" for my sliders (in my attribute holders).

hope, someone can help me out ;)

thx and.... sorry for my english!

ben

BenterA
02-19-2009, 12:26 AM
ok,

i finaly managed to assign a constant value from a MAXScript expression via script controller (assign constant), but how can a assign a dynamic one, so that my slider is affected in realtime??

LoneRobot
02-19-2009, 09:42 AM
take a look at the controller property of the slider!

BenterA
02-19-2009, 10:43 AM
ahhm, what do mean? :)

sorry

BenterA
02-19-2009, 12:08 PM
ok, now i know what you mean, and it works perfect!!

THX a lot

ben

CGTalk Moderation
02-19-2009, 12:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.