PDA

View Full Version : Strange problem with curve points

verdegris
02-18-2009, 05:25 PM
Hello,

In my copy of XSI 6.5 when two curves are lofted they, at first, show the correct number of
vertices.

But after the loft has been deselected , reselecting the loft shows extra points in configurations that I don't understand.

After this happens it doesn't seem possible to continue with subsequent operations like
using the Add Polygons tool.

I've tried doing this several times, always with the same result.

Please see screenshots.

Thanks for your consideration,

Ohmanoggin
02-19-2009, 01:48 PM
I made a similar loft and works fine for me. Always the same verticies each time I select it.

Your 2nd image looks like you have both the loft and curves selected at the same time.

P.S. The loft is going to remain associated to the curves unless you freeze it.

Hope this helps,
Ohmanoggin

verdegris
02-19-2009, 02:35 PM
Hi Ohmanoggin,

Thanks for your help.

I'm really stumped about freezing options.

I froze curves only, loft only, and curves and loft together---but it didn't change anything.

I will just be certain to select only the loft and it'll be fine.

You've solved my problem.

Thanks again,
felixx

Ohmanoggin
02-19-2009, 05:40 PM
Freezing won't effect the display. If you select both the loft and curves, it is going to show what ever verticies there are for each component.

So, yes just select the loft. Freezing is just to remove the dependency the loft has to the curves. By default objects you make from curves stay dempendent on them, so you have the freedom to watch the object change while you change the construction curves. Imagine doing a revolution- You can watch the resulting 3D object change by modifying the curve used to make it.

However, often we want to remove the dependency on the curves, and freezing the object will do that. Also, be aware that if you do not freeze first and delete one of the construction curves, the 3D object will disappear. So, be sure to freeze first.

Hope this helps,
Ohmanoggin

CGTalk Moderation
02-19-2009, 05:40 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.