PDA

View Full Version : Environment- Warzone(B/W)

KingMong
07-02-2003, 05:55 AM
Hi guys,
I've been hanging around the forum, drooling over the works the works here for some time now. Finally picked up the courage to send my work here.

Please give me comments on this work, I'm still uncertain whether to color it in digital yet.

Without your comments, i'll never improve. Thanks

Cheers,
KingMong

http://home.pacific.net.sg/~gitgit/warzone1.jpg

xtrm3d
07-02-2003, 06:04 AM
hi,
look really impressiv,
but the lack of color make it hard to recognise all the detail you putted inside of this nice drawing..
imho , i would say .. yes colorize it !!!

:beer: :applause: :applause:

cobaltx
07-02-2003, 06:27 AM
wow very nice :applause:

yes colorize it !!!:beer:

Ultragames
07-02-2003, 07:09 AM
Incredible. But you need to color so we can see that amazing amount of detail.

Cube6
07-02-2003, 07:12 AM
Well if it was colored, I believe you wouldn't appreciate how much time and effort went into this drawing. This is great :D

Kel Solaar
07-02-2003, 07:16 AM
wooow! Impressive amount of detail, What is the original size of the picture? Great drawing :buttrock:

pencil-head
07-02-2003, 08:08 AM
no, don't colour it.
it forces the viewer to look harder at the pic. there is alot of great detail in there.
great job:applause:

endi2
07-02-2003, 08:40 AM
it is perfect in b/w
my favourite good old drawing style
I love it

Error
07-02-2003, 10:07 AM
i've seen the original work, it's even better..
ahah u can zoom in to see the details

MVP
07-02-2003, 11:14 AM
I am surprised you had any courage to pluck up, this is fantastic. I don't want you to colour it in either, every time I look at it I see something I hadn't seen before. I have no criticisms except that you only have one picture to show us, I want to see more. You should defiantley be illustrating fantasy books or something. Well Done.:applause: :applause:

Dezzo
07-02-2003, 11:41 AM
Well, like Error said, I have seen the original too. It's massively impressive and i had the luck to see they weekly progress of what KingMong has done to this work.

I won't echo much what others have said but KingMong, I guess your work has really made some recognition now yeah?

Yes, this work CAN be colored, but it's very tricky.

Too much colors can be very distracting, too few, it'll be too dull. It's hard and you also must take into considerations of perspective, hue and many others.

Well, to you guys who dun't know KingMong, you should see that dwarf guy he created not too long ago.

*wink*

Well, as always, KingMong, you rock :buttrock:

KingMong
07-02-2003, 12:30 PM
Wow! overwhelming. thanks a lot guys!

The actual size of this is A3.

i'll be posting in more of my stuff often, but most of them are in b/w. I've only touched cg recantly and my color sense needs more boost.:p

But it's been extremly encouraging.

I'll be working on it. Thanks for all the comments!! You guys are great! :beer: :thumbsup:

4saken
07-02-2003, 12:37 PM
great work dude !
dont colorize it !
i like it the way it is. it keeps your eyes wondering around the picture finding more details each time you look at it.
color would probably destroy this special touch

Prs-Phil
07-02-2003, 03:18 PM
at first I wanted to say "colorise it" but after reading the posts about forcing the viewer to look at detail I say donīt. They are right, it may be a bit weird at first but you have more fun searching, finding and saying ... wow

Great image btw :)

Small question, why do all the chars have a white outlining or is that just your way to draw the objects onto the pic.

Dancing Monkey
07-02-2003, 04:59 PM
Would make a cool engraving on a stone wall in a game or something.

Chris Antonelle
07-02-2003, 05:40 PM
i say color it, and have both versions
id love it either way - excellent excellent excellent!

sad
07-02-2003, 06:04 PM
question: will coloration improve it?

donīt think so.

three
07-02-2003, 09:40 PM
Whoa, love it. And don't you dare colour it :)

I've got to say that it really reminds me of "The last hero" by Terry Pratchett... what was your inspiration?
The guy with the beard in the middle, with the huge ass weapon, looks just like Cohen the barbarian.
This is a good thing. :D

Your work on the details really rock 'n' roll.
I'd love to see the original huge A3-piece, if you're able to upload it somewhere or might agree to e-mail it to me. Really interesting with all the details.

:beer:

SilverChylde
07-03-2003, 11:14 PM
Amazing! I love the attention to detail and there's certainly a lot of it.

At first glance it looks really busy and cluttered but the more u stare at it the more stuff you see! Now that's how u keep someone busy for hours!!!

Niiiice!

Stonepilot
07-03-2003, 11:41 PM
Your composition is weak. And there's to much happening all at once over all the piece is just to bussy. That's just my opinion composition is one of those things that take a long time to understand.

dimitrios_c
07-04-2003, 02:58 AM
The b+w version looks good because it does make you look for the details...and i agree it may be a little bit too busy too, but then that is the whole point of a battle scene, its just one big mess. You should colour it too. Experiment. Try colouring it (digitally) with a kind of light, faded, watercolor style wash. Also try something more vibrant and saturated too.

KingMong
07-04-2003, 03:01 AM
Hi guys,

I'm really honored by all the comments! Thanks for making me learn my errs and give me new insights to improve.

Most of my works are done in b/w, i'll have to work on coloring some of my stuffs now so to have more to show.

To Chris Antonelle,
I'm working on the digital colors now on my other works. next time i'll send both versions up. :D

To 3,
Ya man, i was really inspired by the the book and the funny characters in it. It gave me the idea of using old veteran heros as the focus.

To stonepilot,
Thanks for your reminder on my composition. I need to go deeper into the subject and seek imrpovement. Thanks!:thumbsup:

Thanks to all! CHEERS!:beer:

DigitalOmega
07-04-2003, 03:03 AM
wow! this kind of style is very popular in my country mexico, you can find a lot of people drawing like this... but this is another level i think! its fantastic!...
but tell me... is this drawing on two separate papers, because just in the middle i can see a little diference on the shadows..

i would like to know what do you think about my own drawings.. u can see them at www.3db2.com

and excuse me, i have a poor english... i have to attend some classes...

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.