PDA

View Full Version : twist bones being stretchy

shalabology
02-17-2009, 08:57 AM
i ma 3ds max user i wanted to combine the functionality of twist bones to the autostretchiness , i tried every possible set up i knew , but invain , you either have twisty bones or stretchy ones , any one can help

PEN
02-17-2009, 01:24 PM
This is easy to setup. You just need to stretch the twist bones and slide them at the same time.

shalabology
02-17-2009, 06:03 PM
yes paul i should mention more details here are they in the attachment
i used float script on longitudinal single axis it worked fine for the lower most bone but didnt work wel for the others , also used float scripts for single positional axis ,
may be there s something wrong i did i am not sure but u may have a look on the attached photo and tell me your opinion

Polimeno
02-17-2009, 08:54 PM
i used float script on longitudinal single axis it worked fine for the lower most bone but didnt work wel for the others , also used float scripts for single positional axis

do you mean X position axis ??
im not shure what you want, can you please post your script ?

like PAUL told you,
you have to pick the length value of your thigh bone and divide by three in each twist bone to get the right amount of strechy.

ps:
looking at your image, guess youre using the twist bone with lookAt to the calf, and orient constraint on other two..... take a look here (http://paulneale.com/tutorials/twistBones/twistBones.html) , PAUL describes a great way to extract eulers using an exposeTM helper.

hope it helps

shalabology
02-18-2009, 12:07 PM
yes i revised pen videos although i have watched them previously , i discovered missing minor detail that made things go wrong, Polimeno .... thanks for good referencing .

CGTalk Moderation
02-18-2009, 12:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.