PDA

View Full Version : Demo Reel feedback request

dhnerurkar
02-16-2009, 10:35 PM
Hi,

I am a graduate student at Carnegie Mellon University completing graduation this May. I have taken an interest towards character rigging and I have created my first demo reel. I would be very grateful if I can get some critique and comments on my reel so that I can improve myself. The reel link is http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/dnerurka/index1.html

regards,
Dev

trancor
04-26-2009, 08:37 PM
Hey Dev, we are sorta in the same boat, graduatin this may. Did you write that window yourself? I mean, it seems it, but maybe a word or two about that. You are also taking a lot of time posing the character, thats good for weighting and all, but if you time remapped that a little in after effects or something, it might carry the flow a little nicer I think.

For the facial rig, it looks like you can do a bit with it, but it doesn't feel like there is a huge amount of control, maybe put the face into poses, show off the facial deformation more.

dhnerurkar
04-27-2009, 04:10 AM
Hi Kevin. Thanks for the suggestions. I did update my reel a little bit after I posted it up on cgtalk. Right now I am also about to add some more rigging and animation stuff that I did for my final semester project. Once I am all done I will definitely put it up here and then get some more thoughts from you on it.

If you have a rigging reel I would definitely love to have a look at it. Have you seen the recent works of character TDs Luis and Eric D Legare in the finished animation section?Its really amazing.

CGTalk Moderation
04-27-2009, 04:10 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.