PDA

View Full Version : Help! I'm Subscribed to every Thread!

JA-forreal
07-01-2003, 08:59 PM
My email is over crowded with subscribed threads how do I get rid of these subscribed thread notices in my user preferences? Help!

d4rk
07-01-2003, 09:07 PM
LOL, that's pretty scary. That almost happen to me when I first joined CGTALK. The first thing is that I would do is uncheck "Email Notification: emails sent to you whenever someone replies." when you reply to a thread. I usually only enable it if I really really really really want to know what the next 10 or so people are going to say, which is not often. If it's important I just check back alot. I get enough junk mail as it is so I don't like getting notifications.

As for the subscriptions you already have, it's been a while but aren't you able to delete the ones that you already have? Let me see if I can real quick.... brb

yeah ok ok, you can click "unsubscribe" under the thread in "My Profile"

d4rk
07-01-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by E=mc2
My profiles --> edit opinion --> Use 'Email Notification' by default? ---> Check "NO"

Thanks for that ;) I didn't see that in there. I was just "unchecking" that box everytime I replied to a thread... :blush:

Valkyrien
07-01-2003, 09:16 PM
*points and laughs at JA-forreal*

:applause: :applause:

JIII
07-01-2003, 10:41 PM
lol its gonna still be rough for a few days though.

I still get emails from suscribed threads that just will not die on me.

JA-forreal
07-03-2003, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by E=mc˛
My profiles --> edit opinion --> Use 'Email Notification' by default? ---> Check "NO"

Thanks a bunch.

BiTMAP
07-03-2003, 02:30 AM
I have a subscription to the threads i post, but its almost the only email i get ! :'( lol

Neil
07-03-2003, 03:57 PM
i think that email notificatino should be set to off for new accounts.
I didn't know how to turn that off either for the longest time, and i had to keep unchecking it on every post. Needless to say i would forget and my mail box would get filled.

joerhoney
03-30-2004, 04:43 AM
:wip: I so agree with that! I'm new to CGTalk and until I started entering contests and giving replies and comments my email account was totally under control. Thank you d4rk for answering this question for all of us who haven't figured it out and thank you JA-forreal for asking.:beer:

BiTMAP
03-30-2004, 04:46 AM
i think its totaly fine to have the email things, if i didn't i 'd never check the forums ;) and since i check daily i'm okay.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.