PDA

View Full Version : Bezier Bend over Renderfarm

RobPowers
07-01-2003, 07:01 PM
Bezier Bend is an incredible tool! I love the plugin but, has anyone gotten it to work over a renderfarm? The japanese docs seem to say that it will work with Screamernet but I haven't had any luck so far. Anybody have any ideas?

webfox
07-02-2003, 12:16 AM
If your animation is ready to render, can't you just bake the motion rather than fight with the plugin?

Just a thought.

RobPowers
07-02-2003, 03:57 AM
That's what I am doing for now but, I was hoping if the plugin worked I wouldn't need too.

webfox
07-02-2003, 04:13 AM
I've never done more than a 2 node screamernet on one machine that had 2 processors. Being on one machine in the past, I've never had to check to be sure the plugin was available to all renderers. Do you have the plugin installed and recognized on all the nodes?

There are no file names with spaces in the titles, right?

What kind of error are you getting? Do other files render okay over your screamernet? It's hard to figure out if it's the plugin or the setup from what you've told so far.

:shrug:

RobPowers
07-02-2003, 05:04 AM
All the nodes are pointing to the same config files. I have pretty much narrowed it down to the Bezier Bend plugin as the problem. If it is applied to a object in a scene the render nodes won't even load the scene. They hang up when loading. So it looks like the old trusty MDScan meathod is the way I am going to go. It's a shame because Bezier bend is almost perfect in every other way.

Triple G
07-02-2003, 06:23 AM
I seem to remember a coworker using Bezier Bend for a shot he was working on, and he encountered the same problem. It was a pretty small shot, so I think he just wound up splitting up the scene and rendering it locally on a few machines once the other animators went home for the day.

DarkLight
07-02-2003, 11:51 AM
Are there any error messages showing in the lwsn console window?

That may give you an idea what the problem is.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.