PDA

View Full Version : Position-Constraint-Script / Problem with Character

siwi501
02-15-2009, 06:17 PM
Hi!
I am working with 3D Max 8.0 sp3

I want to attach an object to a completely rigged character which should move automatically with the character. I am talking about a nose. I assigned a "position-constraint-script" to the nose (Motion/assign Controller). In Version 7 it worked perfectly but it doesn't work in Version 8.

Explanation of the "Position-constraint-script":
I created a variable (dog) in the window "script-controller" and assigned a node ($dog) to this variable. If I understood it correct, every change of this node leads to a recalculating of my script.

My Expression: polyop.getvert dog 487;

Ok, the script works with a simple box. The nose is moving with the box,
but in combination with the character the problems start. It seems that the movement of the character does not change the position of the polymeshes. Also the "expression" shows always the same coordinates.
It works if I collapse the skin in my modifier list. But of course this is not useful because I need the Morpher and Skin modifier for animation.

My modifier-stack:
MeshSmooth
Flex
PolySelect
Flex
PolySelect
Skin
Morpher
Editable Poly

I would need the vertex-coordinates after that all modifiers are applied but I get only the vertex-coordinate of the "editable poly".

CGTalk Moderation
02-15-2009, 06:17 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.