PDA

View Full Version : INteraction beetwen layers(Combustion2)

FabioMSilva
07-01-2003, 06:23 PM
I was wondering...how can i make layers interact with each other? For example i wanted to make footdust(altought i´m not sure on how to do it on combustion2 using particles...is there a way of saying the particle systems to only puff 1 or 2 seconds then stop like footdust? if so please tell me).

And i wanted the footdust to interact with the characters feet(a great example of this is the ending movie of WarCraftIII Expansion set the frozen throne OutroX(final movie) where Arthas foot interacts so perfectly with the dust around(i guess its not using combustion but 3d particle system as afterburn or somthin i dont know :´(

I really wanted to know how to make these kind of stuff interact! Please help on making Footdust and making the characters feet interact with the dust!

dg
07-04-2003, 10:47 PM
Hi,

I'm not sure that I understood you correctly but....
There is no way to do that in combustion at least in the level of complexity that I'm thinking, to do that you must use a 3D particle system right in the 3D application with your character in the same scene, or at least a proxy of the character feets.
Combustion particle system is a 2D system, for real combustion doesn't do a "real" 3D but a kind of a 2.5D which gives you the impression of 3D, he has no support for 3D objects at least for now, maybe in version 3 :)

If you want the particles interact with a 2D (live footage for instance) you will have to use some masks and "cut maps". :surprised

We keep in touch,
See ya! :thumbsup:

dg
07-04-2003, 10:48 PM
Ai seu eu tivesse lido que tu eras Portugues, iria ter me poupado um bom trabalho :D

Ate mais ver!:thumbsup:

FabioMSilva
07-09-2003, 05:03 PM
hahaha....bem visto ;)

obrigadão!

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.