PDA

View Full Version : Environment: Tree house

dgpilot
07-01-2003, 07:04 PM
Hello
I finished this image last week for a contest on a 3d forum. Gave me a chance to add another piece to my portfolio, hope you like
Done with Max5
http://www.3d-realm.com/images3/talefinal.jpg

sampi
07-02-2003, 04:10 AM
realy cool
love this style :thumbsup:

lmc
07-02-2003, 04:45 AM
Not bad...just the grass and the bg...can be improve right?! :beer:

three
07-02-2003, 05:03 AM
This was a really hot picture.
:thumbsup:

The "shroom" on the bottom left (the one that's completely in picture) has got some strange light gray/blue dot on it. Looks like something went wrong with the lighting or something, maybe no bottom on the hat?
And the grass is a bit too green, and not "rough" enough. In my eyes.

Otherwise, the picture's got a really good lighting, the stars look nice, and it really looks homely.

Take care
:beer:

enekes
07-02-2003, 08:20 AM
Great work but I'd change the fog. It's too strong.... I think.

TheGreenGiant
07-02-2003, 08:35 AM
Hello. good stuff.. Here' s what I think

THe front mushroom, the big one on the right is distracting and obscures the detail of your treehouse. The mushrooms don't look that hot. You might want to look at some examples. I think it could be the proportion.. could also be the colour.

The leaves are close enough to need to show detail but they don't. You could lit the leaves from below the limit the light in the scene and make the house the focus

The treehouse's door is extremely well formed and man-made (the straight lines) could be a little more organic. Maybe the door can be left slightly agar. That could potentially look nice.

The water could be more ripply and reflective.

and I agree with what's been said about the grass. It wouldn't be that shade of green at night.

and this is just nit picking but you should definitely use more than 1 type of picket. It looks like you've duplicated 1 to make the fence thing.

That's it. Its very nice... It makes me wonder a bit. Might put my questions to general discussion...

Tycane
07-02-2003, 09:12 AM
Cool image,hey,that looks like the image that is kicking my ass,OI!!

hehe,ah well,i would vote for it 2 if i voted.

Magius
07-02-2003, 09:57 AM
i love the pictures.. the scene, the atmosphere.. great work! :beer:

dgpilot
07-08-2003, 12:25 AM
sorry for the late reply, thanks for the comments!

Tycane- hehee..

Sceme
07-19-2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by three
This was a really hot picture.
:thumbsup:

The "shroom" on the bottom left (the one that's completely in picture) has got some strange light gray/blue dot on it. Looks like something went wrong with the lighting or something, maybe no bottom on the hat?
And the grass is a bit too green, and not "rough" enough. In my eyes.

Otherwise, the picture's got a really good lighting, the stars look nice, and it really looks homely.

Take care
:beer:

i disagree, sometimes colors come even better when nights comes...and personally i really like this green color...i love this image...there may be something wrong, but i can't spot it yet...great :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.