PDA

View Full Version : dg and dag modifiers!

huxy
02-15-2009, 12:33 PM
Hey everyone,

Iím in the middle of coding a C++ plugin for Maya 8.5 using Visual Studio 2005. Iím using the dag and the dg modifiers to create nodes. At the same time Iím trying to utilise the redo and undo capabilities of the modifiers instead of needing to create my own custom functionality.

However I often need to create connections between dag and dg nodes but I find that I have to call dgMod.doit() and dagMod.doit() to create the respective nodes, before I can create the connections which in turn makes the undo/redo functionality more difficult to manage.

What Iím wondering is, is if there is a way that I can just use the dag modifier to create both dag nodes and non-dag nodes. Is this possible? I get the feeling from my testing that it isnít?

Thanks in advance!

Buexe
02-16-2009, 12:53 PM
create the nodes and then do the connections. Undo the dagMods/dgMods in the reversed order you called them in your doit/redoit method.

huxy
02-17-2009, 11:47 AM
thanks for the reply. I'll bear that in mind when I tidy up the code used in my plugin.

CGTalk Moderation
02-17-2009, 11:47 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.