PDA

View Full Version : Dustin Lizard, Mobra (3D), (3D)

Mobra
07-01-2003, 06:03 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/29090/dustin_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/29090/dustin.jpg)

Title: Dustin Lizard, Mobra (3D)
Name:
Software:

Thake a look on this finished work I made for a brazilian CGI forum contest!
I hope you like it!

Kel Solaar
07-01-2003, 06:36 PM
The character is well done, he has a good and funny face, but blurried areas in the background and on the road are strange... It's like bad blur tool stroke in photoshop

TheGreenGiant
07-01-2003, 08:42 PM
wow wwee... I think that the character is really cool - sort of the peacekeeper in baghdag look. It's very nice and I really like his smile.

I love the detail (that glowstick) and his hands. VERY VERY NICE.

WIRES PLEASE :D

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Sky_DaBomB
07-01-2003, 09:08 PM
I think overall your work is great especialy the character but I feel like you need to work more on the gun (Not sure if it is a shot gun or a rifle). It need a little more detail on it :)

TheGreenGiant
07-02-2003, 03:15 AM
me again. Damn your character is cute. I really like the style.

dimitrios_c
07-02-2003, 04:02 AM
Like the character...the horizon line looks good, very Iraq-ish... but the rest of the back drop is a bit iffy....

eYadNesS
07-02-2003, 06:00 AM
Lara Craft in Iraq wooooooooow:surprised

Mobra
07-03-2003, 07:18 AM
Wow!! I am so glad with your replies!!

I´ ve update the link and remake some little thing in the image.. Please take a look again! :wavey:

Kel Solaar___ I remake the blur area! Thanks for the c!!

TheGreenGiant___ Thanx!! The wires are on original post!

Sky_DaBomB ___ Hehehe!! I realy agree you about the gun... I have less work on it!! The contest dead line do not allows me to do it!! But i plan to!

Rob
07-03-2003, 12:06 PM
Great work!
I really dig the style. That´s what it´s all about: cool characters with an edge!
All the photorealistic stills people are posting here are great, but this could be a great and entertaining story as well!

Is the background a photo?

I´m really looking forward to see some animation with this crazy cat.

Great work
Rob

SPruss
07-03-2003, 01:08 PM
Good work! But the legs feels to short?!

Nelson Jr
07-03-2003, 01:19 PM
About lizard, i thought the gun could be more detailed, don't you think? and i don't feel depth in torso.but Nice work! Are you brazilian? Fala minha lingua? Bom saber q meus conterraneos estão recebendo elogios num fórum de respeito internacional! ( I said that's good to know that guys from Brazil- where i live - are receiving good critics from people of this acclaimed forum):beer: :thumbsup:

flipnap
07-03-2003, 01:24 PM
man id LOVE to animate that guy:)

MrBraun
07-03-2003, 01:27 PM
Really nice image!!! I like it more more !! :thumbsup:

LucianoBerutti
07-03-2003, 01:47 PM
congratulations Mobra your work is really good, you won my vote in Brazil!!!:thumbsup:

Great work
CG4FUN :beer:

ZVAN
07-03-2003, 01:47 PM
He looks silly, i wonder what happened before then! hehe:cool:

Deestrakt
07-03-2003, 01:57 PM
excellent !! i really like this style. :buttrock:

character and environment are very well made. lots of cool details. and the hands : nice modeling and pose.

good work Mobra !

Floyd Kurio
07-03-2003, 02:02 PM
What program did you use? I like the texture of the sand and the contast formed by the realizm of the background and the cartoon style of Max.

facial
07-03-2003, 04:05 PM
So funny costume here, :p
Nice work

facial
07-03-2003, 04:06 PM
So funny costume here, :p
Nice work

~~~~~Peace

tyryan
07-03-2003, 04:32 PM
He looks like he just got done blowing something up...go him.

Keep up the great work, your style is really unique.:thumbsup:

edit-

What program did you use? I like the texture of the sand and the contast formed by the realizm of the background and the cartoon style of Max.

A program doesnt come with a cartoon style, its however the user manipulates the program.

paulogm
07-03-2003, 04:40 PM
Falou, grande Mobra.... é a 3donline e o Mobra invadindo o mundo do CG...hehe!!!

Um abraço.:applause:

singularity2006
07-03-2003, 05:05 PM
somehow i think it would be more fitting for the gun to be in the guy's left hand... hehehe, just a redneck stereotype i guess. =) But yessum, the road is ... blurred strangely... but that character design is hecka cooooool =D

Sky_DaBomB
07-03-2003, 05:38 PM
Hey man, you never tell us whether you won the contest or not !!!!!:wavey:

reptor2
07-03-2003, 05:41 PM
Putz mobra :D tah loco depois desse destaque no CGTALK eu desisto do CONTEST :\
Que tava bom a gente sabia num precisava pisar neh :D
ahauhauha Mando muito bem

Nelson Jr
07-03-2003, 05:48 PM
Ah, o Mobra ..... o concurso do 3D Online....apavorando....

Mobra
07-03-2003, 05:59 PM
Woooowwww!!!!

HEY CGTalk moderators and owners!!! I am so glad about the front page evidence of my work!! Really thanks!

Floyd Kurio__I use Max for modeling scenery and Character. Phtoshop for paint the backgound.

singularity2006 __ I agree with you about the gun fitting!

Valeu PauloGm!

Valeu Nelson Jr !! Sou brasileiro com "s"!!

flipnap __Be my guest to animate him!! I ´ve start to make some tests.

tyryan, facial, Deestrakt ,and everyone that replies the thread!

Bye!

ElioJr
07-03-2003, 07:16 PM
Great work!!!

Mobra, ficou realmente demais o teu personagem, mas como já foi dito, acho que a texturização da estrada ficou com alguns probleminhas ainda... agredito que foi por falta de tempo mesmo, né? De qualquer forma vc merece este destaque no CGTalk. Parabéns.

E aí, vai fazer alguma animação com o Dustin?

Abraços,

Elio Jr.

webfox
07-03-2003, 07:54 PM
The character is very, very good. I enjoy him a lot!

The background's ground plane doesn't seem to agree with the soles of the character's feet, though. I would expect to see a lot more of the tops of the boots to match that extreme angle of the road under him.

It appears that the virtual groundplane in your rendering scene would only meet around his knees at the infinity line, instead of eye level as it's portrayed.

Maybe it's just me.

Still, a very good character.

:thumbsup:

cgwolf
07-03-2003, 08:32 PM
Great character, texturing and overall image but one thing I notice is that the patch of sand/dirt to the right of the character looks too sharp and detailed relative to its distance in the perspective of the image.

nice work

Goro
07-03-2003, 08:37 PM
Nice character Design!!! I like that! Are you going to animate?
Great work!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Spozzfreund
07-03-2003, 08:43 PM
Cool, great work! :)

digones
07-03-2003, 08:44 PM
well done!! :thumbsup:

best regards,

JRBRAZ
07-03-2003, 09:16 PM
VERY GOOD !!!!!

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Vinícius
07-03-2003, 09:42 PM
;)
I like the clothes detail and the funny expression of the face, but the 'logos', 'links', 'signatures' and that lot of text around the image are a little bit annoying. Remove it! put it discreetly at the bottom of the image. What about?
:shame:

FabioMSilva
07-03-2003, 10:10 PM
lol That looks like Bush ready for action on Iraq!

Tá fixe ó meu! ;)

Mobra
07-03-2003, 11:28 PM
So many replies!! Thans a lot!!

Vinicius... I agree about the letterings interferences!! Idid not have much time for doin a good text layout, but i will tyr it! Any suggestion?

Goro... I ve start to set him up.. Sonnly I intend to animate him! Thanks!

webfox ...I see... I think thats really you, or a Max trouble, cause the character and road texturizing and modeling are from 3d soft render aspect... I will post a shot screen of max view port the scene . Ok?! Anyway.. thanks for your c!!

Elio Jr!! My great pall!! Thanks for your comments!! I really spend too much time in texturizing.. I have Texturize and light the scene whit just a few hours!! The contest dead line was closing!!

Reptor!! Desistir?? Na boa.. sem hipocrisia.. Esse contest deve ir pra vc...:hmm: Mas o q importa é competir... É nada.. Snif..Ganhar é muito melhor!!!:hmm: Mas é isso aí.. Boa sorte pra vc!!

cgwolf ... Hum... Very well noticed! Thanx!

PauloSampaio
07-04-2003, 12:13 AM
Madness, madness, madness

Is great, creativity...

Post the scretch here all will go like.buttrock: :wavey:

and the other users visit our contest..

www.3donline.com.br

enter in forum

you are welcome!!

Bye and Congratulations!!::beer: :)

Antropus
07-04-2003, 05:17 AM
Fala meu fiiiiiiiii!!!! Tenho certeza que este será o primeiro de vários destaques!!!! (se bem que no 3d4all foi simultâneo com este aqui né? heheheh)

Congratulations for your inspirational work! Very well done and with your beautiful style :buttrock:

:thumbsup:

valu
07-04-2003, 06:22 AM
Grande Mobra , muito bem feito o seu personagem , e parabéns pelo destaque aquí no forum . Espero que tenha uma boa colocação no contest da 3D On line .

Brasil neles meu kmarada !!!!

Se tive de bobeira dá uma olhada no meu post aquí na CG talk :

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=587598#post587598

Mobra
07-04-2003, 07:12 PM
Hey brazoocas!!

Galera esperta!! Valeu pelos replies! Antropus!! You Bastard! Your works has have inspirated me a lot (sorry about my english!)!! Thanks for your replies!

lildragon
07-10-2003, 02:47 AM
THe stylization of the character is what grab me the most, he could use some more texture work, but the character himself has alot of character, I dig it! Well done

You have received the CGtalk choice award .Please feel free to display this image anywhere you like! Great work!

upon receiving this award, it guarantees you a spot in the cgtalk gallery hall of fame (http://gallery.cgtalk.com) - which you are now placed

http://www.cgtalk.com/plug_award/cgtalk_award_july03.jpg

P.S. Please email me @ tito@cgnetworks.com so I can send you the award .psd file

salud

Mobra
07-10-2003, 03:15 PM
You have received the CGtalk choice award .Please feel free to display this image anywhere you like! Great work!

Hi lildragon!

I get no words to thanks this amazing award!! I am to glad about it!
Thats is a terrific opotunity!! Really thanks!!!

About the character textures.. hehe.. I still working on it! I haven´t spend more time than a week on it, cause the contest dead line come close!!

Very thanks to all!!! :D

light.DD
07-11-2003, 08:12 PM
:beer: well work

kumodot
07-13-2003, 09:03 PM
Hey Mobra. You Deserve it Man ! You really don't need prizes for have sure about your talent. But the CGTalk Award, is very cool, and you we are happy to heard about this very good news. :)

I hope to see you between the 3 winners of the 3DOnline Contest . :)

You very talented guy. We all have proud to see you showing your skills to the world. :)

Keep the very good work, and let's prepare ourselves to the next (Lipsync) contest. :)

Mobra
07-19-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by 3donline
Hey Mobra. You Deserve it Man ! You really don't need prizes for have sure about your talent. But the CGTalk Award, is very cool, and you we are happy to heard about this very good news. :)

I hope to see you between the 3 winners of the 3DOnline Contest . :)

You very talented guy. We all have proud to see you showing your skills to the world. :)

Keep the very good work, and let's prepare ourselves to the next (Lipsync) contest. :)

Hi 3donline! (Marcelo)

I would like to thank for your comments! I am shure that is my obligation to share and own you part of this prize. You know that 3donline is one of the most helpfull foruns for brazilian newbies or even the expert ones!! I really really hope to be one of theses three winners to!!!! For this next (lip sync) contest... be shure that I will keep all my efforts to envolve this to!!

Very thanks my buddy!!

And thanks to all guys that replies this thread!

Flemming Hansen
10-05-2003, 07:58 PM
Hehe. He's soo cool! Love his expression. Looks like he's looking for something to kill. The only bad thing I can point out, is his vest. It could use a bit of bump mapping. But great style !:beer:

TFarrar
09-09-2004, 08:39 PM
Nice work..:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.