PDA

View Full Version : DFX plus and courseware probs

ahs
07-01-2003, 04:24 PM
hi,

i*m still fiddling with the demo of df 4.02 (dfx is on theway:scream: )

in the very first tut it says (the mutants) ... on frame 895, put a hilight on the gun ..." but there is no frame 895 ?

whats wrong

cheers
andreas

Jayk2k
07-03-2003, 10:12 PM
if you are refereing to the first tutorial, you should have close to 1000 frames when all your loaders are assembled as directed. Go back and re-read the chapter, it shows you how to line up your clips in the timeline.

ahs
07-04-2003, 08:47 AM
thanks allot,

but please read on the pdf courseware one on page 50 "assignment" ... create a new flow from this ...

but never explain how to put this together ? but further it reads on frame ...

cheers
andreas

Jayk2k
07-04-2003, 07:31 PM
Andreas;

I wrote most of the courseware that ships with DF, and the PDF is just a copy made from the manual.

All the information you have done in the first tutorial is all you need to complete the assignment.

Compositing is all about problem solving. If the courseware was all step by step, you wouldn't really develop the techniques needed to complete a real project later.

Using the techniques from tutorial 1, the clip list, timeline trim points, etc, you should be able to assemble the complete sequence of files listed. (Sorry, I don't have a copy infront of me as I write this)

After assembling the complete sequence you will have close to 1000 frames, and be able to add the highlight on as described in later tutorials.

Keep at it, as some of the following tutorials are based on this one...

ahs
07-05-2003, 08:13 AM
hi jayk2k,

thnx for your reply. i'll give it a 2nd try and start it all over.

cheers
andreas

yog
07-07-2003, 08:29 PM
Ah I fell into this trap as well, took me a few minutes to twig.

When you go through the chapter having your hand held, at one point it walks you through adding a loader "mutant_search", then imediately shows you how to overwrite that clip in the loader with another clip.
Then in the end of chapter assignment it gets you to build a flow, listing all the clips that should be there, including the ones already there and the ones that will be new.

The catch is that it is listing the clip "mutant_search" in the middle of the flow. My mistake was in remembering that I had already loaded it, but forgetting the tutorial got me to overwrite it.
Add it now and you should be about 1000 frames.

ahs
07-07-2003, 09:33 PM
hi yog,

i do it the same way and now it works ;-)

cheers
andreas

LFGabel
02-14-2004, 10:54 PM
Is anyone having difficulty with the preview tutorial in the courseware that comes with the book?

The problem I am having is, after copying the DVD to my HD, I loaded the flow I was working on, checked all the paths to the clips needed to point ot my hard drive and saved a new flow.

Now when I preview the flow, it always stops, telling me it can't find the clips it needs, and reverts the path to the one before I saved it (O:/).

How is it possible to change the paths to the clips permanently? I resave, shut down DFX+. When I reload, all the paths are correct and I can scrub. I start to preview, and it craps out, looking for stuff on O: drive...

Thanks...

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.