PDA

View Full Version : loganartsīs silly run

marioucci
05-04-2002, 10:59 AM
hello animators,

this is a pretty small(290 kb) animation of a silly run.

lemme know what u think of it ok???
loggie:hmm:

DUUHHH.mpg (http://www.3dluvr.com/loganarts/duuh.m1v )

FBMachine
05-04-2002, 12:11 PM
It looks like the arms and legs are moving in lock step, which makes him kinda mechanical looking. The character himself is silly though, you got that much down! :)
Dan

bentllama
05-04-2002, 11:19 PM
Too many frames. A run with that wide of a stride needs to be faster...I am gussing you have anywhere from 40-60 frames on that run...40-60 frames is a walk, a casual walk...you can do that run in 18-36 frames and still have it read well...unless the feeling you are trying to get is that of the character holding his pose in mid-air... [for that you can reference Noodles' run on the Gorrilaz-Clint Eastwood video]

...the animation is very floaty...in human/bipedal motion the head and the pelvis are the steering wheels...most motion will drive from them...if one part of the body moves, another part will always follow it/react from it [ie: hips>torso>shoulders>head>hair] ...I do not get the sense of impact with the ground and the legs absorbing the imapct...

...but the biggest problem is the fact that your limbs all stay at almost a 90 degree angle for the whole aniamtion...let them swing, loosen it up...loosen up his torso too...this is a cartoony character, capitalize on that ...if you go over the top, you can always pull it back...it is much harder to add broad action to subtle motion though...

...and do not worry about facial animation at this point...always get the base motion down first...

Hope this helps...:bounce:

l_farley13_l
05-09-2002, 03:51 AM
Definitely loosen it up :) I think his spine should probably swing quite a bit lateraly with such a fancy walk, think reeds blowing in the wind ;) It'll give it some more attitude . . .

see you,

Farley13

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.