PDA

View Full Version : academy of art university

NirJonas84
02-14-2009, 01:49 PM
hi my name is nir ,im searching for animation school!
is someone heard about ACADEMY OF ART UNIVERSITY?
it look like a very good school to learn in but i will be glad
to hear more
or if you know more schools

nir

wasbubs
02-16-2009, 01:21 AM
hey! I don't know what AAU has. I looked at the program a few years ago. but eventually decided to go with AnimationMentor.com

online animation school. it took me a while to warm up to the idea but it is awesome. I'm in the first class and love it. if you just want to learn animation and some basic maya then AM is the place.

Plus its cheaper than AAU

AlphaMach
02-17-2009, 03:13 PM
Doesn't AAU have the connections though?

dancgfx
02-22-2009, 08:38 AM
I don't know much about Academy of Art University, but as far I've heard it's one of the best and it's very expensive. I'm sure there are lot of discussion going on in this forum. You just need to search.

damage inc
02-23-2009, 05:52 AM
I'm a student at the Academy right now and I've got a year left to go. It's a really good school for animation. You get a good foundation in traditional art and the animation and visual effects school has a wide varitey of focuses. As far as the animation instructors, both the 2D and 3D side have decent ones with some that are really great. Some could have been better but for the most part they are solid instructors with lots of professional experience. I have had many that have worked for Pixar and Disney. Many have experience working in games.

The only thing about the animation program is they don't really have you make many short films like Cal Arts does. If you read on the Spline Doctors blog they talk about it. The Academy had "Pixar" classes that were taught by current Pixar animators and these classes were without a doubt the best ones to take if you could make the cut. They have recently stopped offering the classes and the Pixar instructors have addressed their concerns with the school's way of running things. The president of the Academy and the directors of the animation program have, supposedly, been working hard to correct those issues. They would like to stress the importance of knowing how to make films along with animating.

Overall, it's a good school to go to and it should be improving. They are always having animation studios, game studios, and visual effects houses stopping by to talk about internships. You can get lots of connections.

CGTalk Moderation
02-23-2009, 05:52 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.