PDA

View Full Version : Ocean Bath

jee2f
02-13-2009, 07:06 PM
WHOHOO!! This was definitely a challenge! It is my first one:) I definitely enjoy the freedom of surrealism...I used Photoshop to create my piece. Let me know what you think;) Thanks a lot and good luck to everyone!!

GerR
02-13-2009, 08:35 PM
Good effort, I would recommend trying to blend greater contrasts of color around the objects to give them more of a 3 dimensional feel because they seem a bit flat. I think the fish are very cool.

tiello
02-14-2009, 12:29 AM
It’s such a weird tree creature. Good luck to you!

jee2f
02-14-2009, 03:47 PM
Thanks! I have veiwed this on 3 different computers and they all look different....on this monitor, it does look flat...hmmmm...I wonder what it is going to look like to the judges....oh well...any other suggestions??? Thanks again!!

Quadart
02-14-2009, 04:24 PM
Thanks! I have veiwed this on 3 different computers and they all look different....on this monitor, it does look flat...hmmmm...I wonder what it is going to look like to the judges....oh well...any other suggestions??? Thanks again!!
The image looks flat because it was painted that way. The rendering of your shapes does not suggest volume or depth. Your texturing is flat e.g. the water texture is generally the same size and tone throughout suggesting a flat plane perpendicular to the viewer’s line of sight--same with the tree. This has a folk art flat perspective feel.

jee2f
02-15-2009, 06:00 PM
ok thanks for the feedback! I will probably go back and do somemore to it...is it ok to post it one more time? I know there is somewhere else that I can post it so that I wont post too many on the final entries...but not sure where...

CGTalk Moderation
02-15-2009, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.