PDA

View Full Version : Character: Jango Fett-Star Wars: Bounty Hunter portfolio.

Chopper Remus
07-01-2003, 08:33 AM
Hey Everyone,

I finally got around to compiling the models I did for Star Wars: Bounty Hunter for the PS2. I built and textured all the models in the gallery. You can find the images here under the gallery/games section:

http://www.davidryanpaul.com/

You can also find screenshots of the game here:

http://www.lucasarts.com/products/starwarsbountyhunter/gallery.html

Here is a sample. I don't know if the image will show up in this message. It's my first time posting.

http://www.davidryanpaul.com/Images/ImagesGallery/Games/JangoBodyComp_promo.jpg

Whaddaya think?

Cheers

-Chopper

Levitateme
07-01-2003, 09:54 AM
oi, thats a great model i dont understand why no one replies when tehre is so much great art on here. great work .

Chopper Remus
07-01-2003, 06:24 PM
hehe, maybe folks are tired of Star Wars related material?

tuzz
07-01-2003, 07:17 PM
perhaps people are tired of reading/writing "OMG" "fckng great" ...

this is really good looking, but some more detailed shots and other views would certainly help to increase the amount of answers :p

nice work though

onlooker
07-01-2003, 07:19 PM
Not me! That was an awesome game. I rented it twice. Still have to finish it. I think I might check ebay for a used one. I cant have too much left. :applause:

TheGreenGiant
07-01-2003, 07:40 PM
GO maya. Personally, I'm way over star wars but hell, that's some nice work there.

talk about the work process if you can. :D

:buttrock:

Chopper Remus
07-01-2003, 09:04 PM
thanks for the input everyone.

the process is pretty straight forward. let's say i'm building a character that is an actual actor from one of the films. we usually have great reference on file, so i choose the best angels, usually just a forward and a side shot. i bring that into photoshop, and make an alpha channel to matte out the negative space. i save that as a targa and load it into maya's front and side viewports and size them accordingly. since maya automatically reads the alpha in the image, i have a nice clean 'cut out' to start modeling from.

if i'm building a character that our concept artist created, i just wing it. there aren't any model sheets with turn arounds made, so i just go by one image. sure, turnarounds help, but they are by no means necessary. i can usually grasp the form from one drawing. and if i'm stuck, i just ask the concept artist about the problem. it's important to note that i recycle 'parts' of models. i treat groups of polys like clay. pretty much every model i made used pieces of one base character i created at the start of the project. those points are then pushed, pulled, cut and sewn.

all the textures are painted at 512 for the body and 256 for the head. then they are resized and palletized for the PS2. the characters modeled after actual actors are hand painted about 50 % of the way. it's the general look we were going for.

we used maya and photoshop exclusively for every asset in the game.

d4rk
07-01-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by tuzz
perhaps people are tired of reading/writing "OMG" "fckng great" ...

yeah I agree, for a while I was wondering if there was just a button I pust to get something like this:

":applause: You are a modeling god! :buttrock: You r0x0r my b0x0r!:beer: !!"

It's always cool to hear from people that worked on games/movies. Especialy when they break down their technique like you have here. It's really cool, thanks alot chopper!

LostSoul╣13
07-01-2003, 11:00 PM
can you please post a view from the side looking at the back. From the right hand side I would like to see how the shoulder deforms with teh arm beeing straight. That would help me.
thanks

Chopper Remus
07-02-2003, 04:13 AM
here ya go. there's not a great deal of detail in the shoulder. if i had it to do over again, i would have approached it much differently, but this was done quite a long time ago. that being said though, it looks great in the game and Jango can even hang from a ledge with one arm and target enemies with the other. there might be a screenshot of this on the lucasarts site. if i find it, i'll post it.

http://www.davidryanpaul.com/Images/ImagesGallery/Games/JangoFettDetail.jpg

-chopper

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.