PDA

View Full Version : 3d Modeling Schools in Chicago, IL

vishsm
02-12-2009, 09:20 PM
Hi cgtalk, I am a former student at Humber College in toronto and was not happy with their 3d courses, animation, vfx, and all that. Now I am moving to Chicago to live with my father, he is kind of old school and thinks that I need to get a degree with get a job and wont listen to me when I tell them that it's about references and your demo reel. I mean I have worked in the industry for a bit and I know how they treat people who want to join ( burn demo reel to computer, watch it, if they like it look at resume, then hire ). But since he's paying for it, I am not going to refuse to learn more :thumbsup:.

So I was wondering if you guys know any school in Chicago that teach the latest in the industry and have very good teachers and results.

Thank you :)

vishsm
02-13-2009, 09:24 PM
well I have found fullsail university and am pretty amazed with their game art course. I hope they teach organic modeling :)

any suggestions/kind words/bad words? about the school?

j0j0y
02-13-2009, 10:01 PM
If you do a search on this forum for "Full Sail" you'll get a ton of topics and opinions.

...for the most part it has a bad reputation, but you should read anything you can get your hands on and form your own opinions.

CGTalk Moderation
02-13-2009, 10:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.