PDA

View Full Version : Automatic clavicle 3DSMAX

sanpilou
02-12-2009, 06:42 PM
Ok so this has been bugging me for a good while. I'm trying to rig a clavicle to automatically move with an arm. problem is that whatever I try, it always results in a dependency loop error.

I searched on google and the forum. I only find stuff for maya, but nothing for MAX...

Anybody has an idea?

mberglund
02-12-2009, 08:18 PM
I've done it in max before. I took the Aaron Holly's auto-clav system and adpated it to Max. I think using mostly script controllers.

shalabology
02-13-2009, 09:51 PM
yes i know the quite perfect solution you can revise either the tutorial documents for max 5 or 6 in the rigging shoulder section if you couldnt get it just notify me its quite interesting set up and in addtion you dont need any scripting!!

sanpilou
02-13-2009, 10:03 PM
We use max 9 at work so I don't have access to max 6 or 5 help.

I figured a way to do it, but it requires the IK node to be linked to a controller. Then you create a dummy that you link to the spine. Next you duplicate the clavicle bone, put a look at constraint to it that is 50% ik controller and 50% static dummy. Then you just put an orientation constraint on the clavicle bone and it's done.

shalabology
02-14-2009, 10:10 AM
yes u r almost there but i think in addition u can wire a controller to slider o r spinner that contrls the percentage of automacy , anyway heres a small diagram for the whole process
if u could devise any other advanced method even via scripting inform me

shalabology
02-14-2009, 10:13 AM
i think u dont need to use orientatioin constrain just link the clavicle to the dummy that uses look at constraint

Dimich
02-14-2009, 01:13 PM
out of intereset, why not use an expose helper and reaction manager? Just use some list controllers to make a secondary controller which will have reaction manager on it, and a previous controller that will allow you to actually move the object. No scripting necessary.

PEN
02-15-2009, 05:56 PM
The simplest solution is to set up a point helper that is aligned to the pivot of the clavicle and looks at the wrist control. As Dimitry said use an expose transform helper to get the rotation values for it and then use reaction manager or wires to wire the rotation of the clavicle to the expose transforms exposed local euler angles.

CGTalk Moderation
02-15-2009, 05:56 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.