PDA

View Full Version : difference keying?

m.d.
07-01-2003, 12:08 AM
is it possible to use the difference blending mode in the texture editor, and use it to key out the difference. i took two pictures shot from the exact same position(with a remote) one with me in it, one without. then i blended them with difference mode, and saved the results, which appeared to be the difference, i then applied the difference image to a flat poly(or the background..i can't remember)and set the rerdering options to save alpha.the resulting alpha was completely black. so is there a better way to go about doing this. i would like to apply this to moving footage eventually.:shrug:

Halsu
07-01-2003, 01:19 AM
It can be done, with varying degree of success...

You will need to adjust the result so that you have as much contrast in the resulting difference image as possible (preferably so that the BG is black, and the keying shape is full white).

The rest of the steps are the same as with bluescreen keying described in this tutorial. (http://www.lw-fin.org/tutorials/eki/TUT_LW_Compositing03_01.html)

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.