PDA

View Full Version : Sony Vegas and Animation with Alpha?

thundering1
02-11-2009, 05:07 AM
Okay, this actually isn't for Me - but for a friend.

I rendered an animation for him with C4D, as a Quicktime Animation codec, output as RGBA (it's a logo that bounces). He's using Sony Vegas Pro (whatever the current version is - I know he is up to date), and I have no idea how to help him since I use Premiere and After Effects.

When importing to Vegas, how would he handle this so the alpha cuts it out - he's having transparency issues, basically. In Premiere and AE terms I'd say he's using Add or Overlay - an image transfer mode as opposed to using the alpha with the video clip set to Normal.

Is there a procedure I can relay to him? I just don't know Vegas' workflow - I'm sure it's simple, and they just call it something else, or you click somewhere else (a matter of geography - click HERE vs THERE).

I know this is a bit "off" given that I'm not the one with the actual question - sorry folks.

Thank you in advance for any ideas or suggestions.

-Lew

CGTalk Moderation
02-11-2009, 05:07 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.