PDA

View Full Version : old-school video games

TimeSpiral
05-04-2002, 05:31 AM
Hey everyone...
This is the first time I ever posted anything. Let me know what you think. I made this a long time ago (about 2 years).

TimeSpiral
05-04-2002, 08:16 AM
Here's a close-up of just the game. Whoa man, I loved these games so much...Chrono Trigger, and Final Fantasy 2 & 3 (or actually Final Fantasy 4 & 6 if you wanna be accurate) totally changed my life. Oooo, remember when the twins in FF2 turned themselves into stone to stop the crushing walls so you could escape? Wow, what cool stuff!:bounce:

AKIRA_x
05-04-2002, 05:11 PM
other then JPGing the hell out of the images.......pretty nice lighting....very good!

AKIRA

aYs
05-04-2002, 11:46 PM
Very well done :thumbsup:
Is that the US release of the SNES (Super Famicom?)?

i fear we can't share cartridges :p

I've the European:
http://www.ays-arts.de/gallery/lw7/snes02-2.jpg
:beer:

bye

TimeSpiral
05-05-2002, 06:30 AM
Sweet Super Famicom! I wish I could find one of those here in the states, I collect old video games and systems.

What game is that? It looks kinda like Street Fighter 2, but I'm not sure what they looked like for the Famicom.

:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

aYs
05-05-2002, 07:17 AM
I don't own the Super Famicom either.
The Japanese one is called Super Famicom but it looks quite the same than my SNES.

Richt, it's Super Stereetfighter 2 Turbo
Rockzzz :buttrock:
http://www.ays-arts.de/temp/snes-rom01.jpg

Sometimes i still play that game besides others :cool:

What systems do you already have?

I also wanted to collecting and i will some day.

bye

TheWriter
05-05-2002, 08:11 AM
Interresting, though the compression in some of these images is about as bad as an animation sent into the IRTC.
I had an original nintendo when they first came out, bought 2 of them in fact. Though when the 16 bit came out I was sick of paying 80$ for a game so got a computer instead. :)

TimeSpiral
05-05-2002, 12:10 PM
I have the old Nintendo, 2 Super Nintendos, N64, Gamecube, all the different Gameboys since the original, Sega Genesis, Sega CD, Sega Nomad, Saturn, Dreamcast, Playstation 1 and 2, the Japanese Pocketstation (I had to get one for the sub-games in Final Fantasy 8!), and loads of games for each. I wish I still had my old Atari's from when I was a kid. There are a few retro videogame stores where I'm from and you can get the old systems for really cheap...games too.

I know the jpeg compression sucks-ass, so my pics look all blurry...I wish I knew a better way to keep the quality and still keep it small enough to post.

(I can't wait for Metroid Prime!)
:buttrock:

aYs
05-06-2002, 11:09 AM
I also have an old Atari 2600 with about 10 cartridges ;)
and the old GameBoy.

Quite small collection :bounce:

l_farley13_l
05-06-2002, 10:09 PM
Yup, just about the same as TimeSpiral, but no sega things and no gameboys:)

Have you ever tried the spc's for chrono trigger ? It's almost like playing it again, but alas, no time for that :( I've gotton all stars on everything on everyone anyway, oh newgame plus :D

On the jpg's just use the save for web feature, with the smallest amount of blur about .3. Then dial in the quality.

-Farley13

Jungul
05-06-2002, 11:44 PM
Timespiral the work is fantastic! And plus you modelled my three favorite games of all time so double thumbs up :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

*=JunGul=*

TimeSpiral
05-07-2002, 04:37 AM
Thanks for the jpg advise _farley13_:beer:

Yeah, I have beaten Chrono Trigger several times also, I still love to play it every now and then. I think I've seen all the different endings...I like the one where you can walk around and talk to the game designers and stuff!

Out of the entire Final Fantasy series, I think my overall favorite one was 9, but my favorite story was 7. (I never could get Aeris's secret umbrella weapon because you had to score a perfect on that hard-ass roller-coaster shooting subgame!)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.