PDA

View Full Version : Import FBX/Save Max file....

gingamonkey
02-10-2009, 11:04 PM
Hi,
Wondering if anyone can help or point me in the right direction....

I'm trying to set up a simple script to allow the user to click a button and browse to a required FBX file. The script then needs to merge in the FBX file into the current max scene, and save the max scene using the recently merged FBX file's name into a parallel folder - Potentially as a batch on a whole folder of fbx's eventually.

I'm guessing this isn't too difficult, but I've only just skimmed the surface of maxscript and its still a little too far for me at the moment.

As I said before, if anyone could give me an incite as to how to do this, or point me in the direction of a similar script which I can dissect and figure out myself, that would be a great help.

Thanks in advance!

PiXeL_MoNKeY
02-10-2009, 11:31 PM
To give you some basic info on the process look up the following in the maxscript help:
"importfile" -- this will handle the actual imporrting of the file.
importfile "someDrive:\somePath\someFile.fbx" #noPrompt using:FBXIMP- To set the various FBX settings prior to the import you will need to use the settings provided through the "FBX Import Dialog Access" section of the Help file.

- To handle the getting of the file you will want to look at the "File Name Parsing" section of the Maxscript Help to get the portion of the "someDrive:\somePath\someFile.fbx".

- To handle the saving of the Max file you will want to look in the "3ds Max File Loading and Saving" section of the help.

Hope that gives you some direction on what you need,
-Eric

CGTalk Moderation
02-10-2009, 11:31 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.