PDA

View Full Version : Dwarve Concept

Equinoxx
05-04-2002, 04:24 AM
this one's been sitting around for quite a while now, and since it's the concept for the 3d dwarve i'm making, i thought i'd ask you lot what ya think . . .

it's actually my 1st go at painting with the wacom tablet, and i have to admit, it feels SOOOO natural . . . more natural then reallife even, since i can't paint a single stroke with paint & canvas :D

well here goes nothin :cool:

http://equinoxx.cgcommunity.com/temp/dwarve_concept_final.jpg

Gilgamesh
05-04-2002, 05:04 AM
Man, I gotta get me one of them.....
It looks fine, except that it doesn't really seem complete. (no facial features, and lacking detail in some areas) But hey, it's a lot more developed that most of my concept sketches. (color! why didn't I think of that?)
I was curious if you put down a base color in photoshop and then go at it with dodge and burn, or if you actually choose the lighter and darker colors off your palette, or if you use some sort of blend layer? Also, what size wacom do you have? Sorry if those are too off topic. Are you going to post the 3D model, too? I'd love to see that.

Equinoxx
05-04-2002, 03:18 PM
thx . . .

yeah i know bout the details thing, but that's on purpose, it's a concept so i didn't do the details cause they are not needed . . .
the details are in the 3d model, which i will post once i finished the hands . . ..

as for painting, it's all from the color palet, no dodge & burn. . . .

and the wacom I have is an A5 intuos 2 [gota love em]

Pancreas
05-04-2002, 05:06 PM
Well, perhaps I´m used to the stereotypical rpg dwarf, but i think the beard should be much longer, down to the belly wich should be bigger. The hatchet is good, but when you´ve beheaded a bunch of orcs with the Strongintheamr´s double-edged battle axe u can´t live without it.
And i miss the horned helmet too. And more beer :beer:

Equinoxx
05-04-2002, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Pancreas
Well, perhaps I´m used to the stereotypical rpg dwarf

funny you should say that . . . cause I was kinda trying to stear clear of the typical dwarve . . . have to admit tho that my 3d dwarve is gonna be a lot fatter, but i kinda like the short beard . . .

same with the axe . . . i tried to keep that slightly original . . . as far as any axe can be original . . . not to worry tho, you'll see it'll all fall in place in 3d ;)

lildragon
05-06-2002, 12:00 PM
looking good buddy, once you start to refine the colors more, and make them more defined, this lil dude will shine... I like how the axe is looking :thumbsup: also what kinda Dwarve has short hair? :p and is he scottish? heheh looking real good man, I can't wait to see the finish version of both this and the 3D one

cheers

leigh
05-06-2002, 12:05 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Grimmdar hits the world wide web!!! This guy is lookin' mighty fine, Yves :bowdown :bowdown: :bowdown:
The poor guy is like //:cool:\\ - he can't see!!! Except I guess it's cos he don't have no eyes :p
As you know, I'm chafing at the bit to see him in 3D - NOW HURRY UP!!!!

Equinoxx
05-07-2002, 06:45 AM
LOL stevie wonder hehe . . . no worries girl, he gonna have them eyes . . . he gonna have ALL :surprised

Iguiniz.X.
05-07-2002, 11:38 AM
Your beard and ( vlechtjes? <-- don't know it in English)
are white and don't have shadow so it gives the feeling I'm looking at the a part of the paper which isn't touched, it gives an unfinished look, The eyes already had coments, but it looks like you painted over them with out bothering that they were there. As if the pencil is behind the paint and you forgot to finish the eye's. Give some more attention to the head, bring the eye's to the front and I think it gives the idead that it is finished.
Show us what you will do :wavey: :cool:

Equinoxx
05-07-2002, 12:01 PM
it IS finished . . . i deliberately left out the details on the braids [vlechtjes] en the face, cuase those are stuff i will define in the 3d version . . .

this is concept and therefor, it doens't need to be complete . . .

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.