PDA

View Full Version : Thick Smoke Query

CobraX
06-30-2003, 07:11 PM
Hey Guys,

I am looking forwoard to learn how to create in Maya some Thick Smoke. Kind of like when you see a space shuttle taking off, or when you see a volcanic eruption i want to do an effect looking exactly like a billowing plume of a volcano with huge thick smoke detailed....

I just can't do it, i tried the Missile tutorial on Highend3d...but it doesn't do it.

I really dig this effect and want to learn how to make it.

If you guys have pointers, tips, links, or what have you i would very thankful. :D

Thanks in advance !!!!! :D

-XaV-

plug3
07-01-2003, 02:43 AM
A nice trick to get the billowing effect is to translate vertically the placed texture node over time.

CobraX
07-01-2003, 09:15 PM
Hey Guys,

Thank you very much for helping me out on this one :)

I have a clip of the effect i want to achieve, so here it come: http://cobraxvfx.tripod.com/Shockwave.avi

I really hope to find some fast way of learning on how to do it....as i am being watched closely...

Thanks for suggestions and tips/hints/tricks on how i should start doing this in Maya...

I did take a look at those fluid effetcs....:surprised soooo many settings possible...

I don't know if i should use particles on multiple layers...(sprites for clouds...multipoints for fiery effect...or just Cloud particles..or...or..man i fear to get myself lost..)

The clip is in DivX 5.0.5.

Xavier.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.