PDA

View Full Version : vertice constraint with cycle

spiritmouse
02-10-2009, 07:05 AM
I have a problem that is kind of confusing, I'll try my best to explain.
I'm rigging a puffer fish that has a blendshape to make it bloated up, and I need to create separate controls for the spikes, which I've a set of joints to do so.
When I use the blendshape, I lost controls of the spikes, so I've painted the blendshapes to not affect the spikes. And I've set driven keys to translate the spikes joints out to match the body.
Everything is fine, except it's very tedius and slowing the scene down quite a bit. Especially the model is not final, and the whole silhouette can be completely change, I'll have to re rig the whole model again, which will be too time consuming to reset all driven keys

SO, I'm wondering if there is a good way to drive the spikes out when the the blendshape is on. I have tried creating a hair follicie on the vert and use that to drive another object. Which I've tried using a locator, and use it to drive the joint, but it gives me a cycle error and have unpredictable results (basically the rivet script from highend3d). that was a fail...
Does anyone know another better way?
(I'm using maya 2008 by the way)

Thanks in advance!

CGTalk Moderation
02-10-2009, 07:05 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.