PDA

View Full Version : Architectural Visualization: 3d house

kvernon
06-30-2003, 06:07 PM
Well gang, here's the final. I thought you all should see it! I also want to thank everyone on who helped with ideas and critiques!

old:
http://www.cubedelement.com/3dhouse/tophalf.JPG

final and large :)
http://www.cubedelement.com/3dhouse/house.jpg
Sincerely,

Kelly

worx3d
06-30-2003, 06:26 PM
beautiful work!! what program(s) did you use? I love it all, keep it up!

joel

TheGreenGiant
06-30-2003, 06:50 PM
WHOA. That is one stunning picture

digitalp1mp
06-30-2003, 07:31 PM
My only crit is the grass on the right...looks like its not been mowed in a few months, other then that :buttrock:

Chris^

muki
06-30-2003, 08:25 PM
Very nice. The windows look great and the curtains really give the house depth. My only criticism is that he grass is maybe a little too green, but thats getting a little nit-picky. Well done

Remi
06-30-2003, 08:49 PM
I think it looks great...and if I'm correct...the grass on the right is just an optical illusion and won't look like that in an animation..if that's what it's for....and the grass is just a little greener..is that a word....than the grass outside...but all in all it's a fantastic image and model...great work...love the little mushrooms by the tree if that's what they are..subtle details rule:thumbsup: I notice there's some shiney deals on the front of the garage though..don't know what it would be...handles? If so...maybe make them less shiney...it takes your eyes right to it..instead of the greatness of the whole image....:thumbsup:

kvernon
07-01-2003, 12:51 AM
Thanks gang! :applause:

Well worx3d, the program I used was lightwave, but it was a mix of 6.5 and 7.5. I didn't use Sasquatch lite because I started the grass in 6.5.

muki, I think I sucked out the color from the overall image in post, but here it is still a little saturated. Could you believe I toned down the color once before? Picture how bright that was! :S

This version of the house actually is juuuuuust a wee bit dark, I'll post that one tomorrow. And Remi, yer right about the grass! It's an optical illusion, it's the same height as the other [overall] blades. I'll do what you say about the handles. They do look SUPER blindingly bright. :surprised

Thanks for your thought and help

Kelly

kvernon
07-01-2003, 05:41 PM
aaaaaand here it is! *bites nails*

http://www.cubedelement.com/3dhouse/tophalf3.JPG

thanks

Kelly!

Space Penguin
07-01-2003, 05:59 PM
Love the second one.
And the tree on the left isn't too realistic.

kvernon
07-01-2003, 06:10 PM
Space Penguin, I agree! I realized that after I made a visit to nashville [where the maples grow wild!], but due to the deadline I had to hurry and get this done. :/ But I totally agree, this 2nd image, is mucho better.

danke,

Kelly

Remi
07-10-2003, 11:04 PM
Can you post a higher res pic...i'd love to see it a little bit better...the second one kicks...I really like it a lot and toning the brightness down on the handles really helped...stilll think the grass is a bit bright though....good job all around..:thumbsup:

kvernon
07-10-2003, 11:37 PM
:wavey:

no problem! Remi here it is... I like the shingles the most! :D

http://www.cubedelement.com/3dhouse/house.jpg

regards,

Kelly

wedge
07-11-2003, 01:53 AM
excellent! i'd reccommend doing something more interesting with the front door though.

kvernon
07-11-2003, 02:43 AM
I agree,

I look at knowing I need to do more stuff to the scene, but I ran out of time. There is always next time right? :)

Thanks for the comments wgeddes!

Kelly

razzi
07-11-2003, 03:07 AM
LOVELY LOVELY!!!!......I love it very much, very photorealism techniques...good JOB though......but I think the texture have to change for a much better looking house.Especially the wood for the front middle wall...Its doesnt blend well...But if you like this one then stick to it.

chase311
07-11-2003, 04:12 AM
:buttrock:

Remi
07-11-2003, 03:00 PM
Very nice...now that's a great pic and I personally like the siding along the front...and how it doesn't blend perfectly....it gives it character....great job.:thumbsup:

jtlloyd
07-11-2003, 09:55 PM
Excellent work!!!!

How did you get the shingles on the roof to look so good.

Rei Ayanami
07-11-2003, 11:13 PM
I get 100% deja vu, aside from the grass (i still hold on) the glass freeks me out, looks really crumpled, as if it was a stained glass peice.

nice house, good texturing etc

Saikin
07-12-2003, 12:12 AM
this is a great piece...i like mucho gras than anyone else...hehehe

BMW

kvernon
07-12-2003, 12:37 AM
:beer: Thanks for all the comments!

razzi: I understand what you are saying, I just ran out of time... I wanted to show more leaves scattered in the yard, actually texture the door [which is just a simple wood texture] and add some flowers. I just had to wrap everything up.

jtlloyd: I wound up modeling all the shingles. I did some test renders with textures, but I found I didn't like how it turned out. So I modeled them [the shingles] and then made a UV map from the top view. When it rendered, I used it to help with stains and erosion. I'm glad you liked em [I dig em too!] ;)

Rei Ayanami: the grass isn't a solid polygon. I actually modeled all the blades of grass. The blades closer to the sides [and in the wood cracks] have 3 or 4 polys, while the ones buried in the mix are 1 poly. Then I have 3 textures, with about 3 variations of blades.

Saikin: I'm glad you dig the grass too. :)

Thanks again!

Kelly

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.