PDA

View Full Version : CHARACTER: Macros the Wizard

clojster
06-30-2003, 06:29 PM
Hi all:wavey:
Here is my new image. I named him Macros after R.E. Feist's Magician. (Maybe someone have read these great books... don't stone me to death but I think it's best fantasy saga ever... ...yes - better than LOTR... ;) )
Macros was the greatest wizard of Midkemia. On my image he is in his golden age (Not as old as he is described in these books)

Anyway, It's modelled (according to my own poor sketch) and rendered in Maya 4.5 (Standard renderer without raytracing). Textures and post-work in Photoshop.
Hair are standard Maya Fur.
I have to thank Steven Stahlberg for his human skin shading tutorial. I hope I won't discredit it.

http://www.yed.ic.cz/Macros_the_Wizard.jpg

Thanks for visiting and C&C also

...If interested you can see it's WIP. Link is in my signature.

-sporek

S_3D_A
06-30-2003, 07:10 PM
yED I am grabbing a pen and paper to write the name down of the series you recommend. I have read many fantasy books and personally the only one that has come close was the original DL trilo. Like the wizard by the way.

DarkLight
07-01-2003, 12:08 AM
Great looking image :)

I agree with you about the books too :thumbsup:

Mahlikus
07-01-2003, 12:32 AM
Ah yes! Macros The Black! A fellow friend of the Greater Magic! A direct influence to who I am now. :D Hence my persona Mahlikus The Black!
I too think The Rift war saga is excellent and would make an awesome movie series if only they may do as LOTR and keep to the books (same goes for the Mistress of the Empire series :beer: ).

On a crit, not exactly how I imaged Macros but pretty kickin all the same. Great job man!:thumbsup:

Feanoro
07-01-2003, 01:05 AM
Nice Work! :thumbsup:

Magician is one of my fav books of all time. But all his new stuff is utter crap.

Anyway.... :D

Mahlikus
07-01-2003, 01:33 AM
Yeah, I think it started to go a little down hill with Merchant Prince...Stopped reading the series @ shards of a broken crown. :shrug: :hmm:
On a 3D note..I have always wanted to model Elvandor and Ashan-Shugar on a dragon..maybe one day.

Feanoro
07-01-2003, 02:27 AM
Yeah that'd be pretty sweet.
I just want somebody to do make a movie of Magician.
( A good one though :D)

clojster
07-01-2003, 11:52 AM
Thanks all for replies :beer:
Yes, it'd be great if someone made movies according to books. I was thinking of it all the time I was reading the books ;)

Mahlikus: yes, it was best till Magician: Darkness in Sethanon... Elvandor and Ashen Shugar on dragon would be great too...

Mahlikus
07-01-2003, 04:41 PM
I like the 2 or 3 books after with the twins. Up to Prince of blood I believe. FairyTale would make a great movie too.:beer:
We need more R.E. Feist art...
*Scurries off to his tower for conjuring*:beer: ;)

Feanoro
07-02-2003, 01:57 AM
Thats a great idea. A good one of the stadium scene or something would be great. :drool:

clojster
07-02-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Feanoro
Thats a great idea. A good one of the stadium scene or something would be great.

Yes, stadium scene!! The best of all books :buttrock:

...and now, what about some critiques on my image? :wavey:

Feanoro
07-03-2003, 12:59 AM
...and now, what about some critiques on my image?

heh, yeah sorry mate. Really, the only thing i could suggest is that theres a little too much gloss on his skin.

:thumbsup:

Mahlikus
07-03-2003, 08:45 PM
That and your proportions...unless that isn't what your aiming for...then yeah...he's pretty sweaty..lol.

clojster
07-04-2003, 09:06 PM
Mahlikus: yes, proportions are as I wanted them :beer:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.