PDA

View Full Version : SCAD Atlanta 2d/3d Collab Short Film

SCADAnimationShortFilm
02-09-2009, 06:01 PM
Hello from SCAD-Atlanta,

My name is Clint Donaldson and I am the director of the upcoming short film “Jaguar McGuire”. This film will be the result of the 2d/3d collaborative project class for the Winter 09 quarter at the Savannah College of Art and Design Atlanta Campus. We have about 14 people on our team, and we are all very excited about the film we are making.

I am posting here to let you guys know that if you’re interested in following the production of our film, or if you’re just interested in short film animation at all, to please check out our blog at:

http://www.jaguarmcguire.blogspot.com (http://www.jaguarmcguire.blogspot.com/)

The story centers around an injured stuntman, Jaguar McGuire, who is constricted in a full body cast. He is one half of a famous stunt duo, the other half is his cat. Together they have traveled the world and amazed crowds with their feats. After the injury, Jaguar only wants to be left in peace. His cat, on the other hand, has other ideas.

This film is a hybrid product of 2d and CG elements. We are using Maya for the CG elements, and Photoshop and Flash for the 2d animation. For Compositing, we are using Adobe After Effects.

This group project will be featured as a case study in the upcoming book "Hybrid Animation". a book on how to accomplish 2d/3d animation by Tina O'Hailey: to be published by Focal Press in Spring 2010.

So please take some time and check out what we are doing here at SCAD-Atlanta! Thanks for your time!

Clint Donaldson, Director

Wilson-3d
02-10-2009, 05:22 AM
Cool. I had a great time a few years back in my 3d collaboration class at SCAD. I was at Savannah. Will be great to follow you along. Best of luck.

CGTalk Moderation
02-10-2009, 05:22 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.