PDA

View Full Version : Character - Creature scene

jonaz.dk
06-30-2003, 04:45 PM
finally I made a backdrop for my little creature thingie..
done in max.. 1.3M polys.

http://jonaz.starthotel.dk/jonaz_creature01.jpg

MVP
06-30-2003, 04:49 PM
I am liking the creature ALOT. However I think the background colour needs to change if that blade is ever gonna show up properly. Very nice though.:thumbsup:

Chris Antonelle
06-30-2003, 05:21 PM
^^^agreed - or maybe make the blade darker

jonaz.dk
07-05-2003, 11:06 AM
ok.. guess I wasn't finished..

here's an update

http://jonaz.starthotel.dk/jonaz_creature02.jpg

JonC
07-05-2003, 11:22 AM
much better,It gives a lot more dimension! :thumbsup:

I just think the upper frame is too low, I'd like to see the entire creature not cut off. ( sorry for my english and I hope you'll understand):)

Fitharn
07-05-2003, 06:57 PM
Very cool design and realization.. only crit would be that his tooth need a more defined shape. But for the rest it's great :thumbsup:

is there going to be an animation? I certainly hope so :D

Kel Solaar
07-05-2003, 10:12 PM
The render style is excellent, and yes the second version is better :) Good Job! oh yes agree the framing problem.

avalon
07-06-2003, 01:17 AM
:applause: :thumbsup: :wavey:
cool!!!

I like it!!

BRUTICUS
07-06-2003, 01:19 AM
yes i'd love to see the whole creature aswell but I think this render is perfect as it is. It gives the sense that the creature is comin for ya.

saviiour
07-06-2003, 02:17 AM
wowzers....alot of skills up in here.......liking it.....yeah......the sword thing..still needs more depth to it....or even. darkened up.,......

Racavocals
07-06-2003, 06:16 AM
:buttrock: rock on man looks great, just one crit I think the glowing eyes are a little overkill IMO, maybe tone down the glow or make it a dif color I think. other than that mad props. :applause:

Valrik
07-06-2003, 07:08 AM
I think he should sink in the sand a bit... he looks like he should be heavier. Maybe some footprints too.

Zastrozzi
07-06-2003, 08:59 AM
Maybe its just me but I don't think that if I was that creature I would be holding my wepn behind my teeth... Makes it very hard to do anything with the spear thing esp if an animation is planed...

jonaz.dk
07-06-2003, 12:39 PM
thanks for comments guys..

@Zastrozzi
hehe.. thouse aren't teeth.. it's tentacles.. :wavey:

well.. originally it was planned for animation.. (and the tentacels had assigned simcloth on a lowres mesh for secondary animation)

but I don't have the time for animation right now.. maybe in a few years or something.. =O)
this pic took 6 hours to render.. so.. rendering is a problem right now also.. it could be scaled down to be more sane..

I also did an alternative color version..
http://jonaz.starthotel.dk/jonaz_creature02e.jpg

lildragon
07-06-2003, 12:50 PM
Last one is mucho better, I would try to make the sand look more like sand, and maybe leave some imprints of the rocks and his feet, he needed to get there somehow. Another thing that's bothering me is the composition, having his back cut off like that degrades his intimidation for some reason. It just loses it's appeal at the top for me.

He looks like a strong fighter, what's he fighting anyhoo? And it's good that you fixed his arm bangles but I still don't see how they can stay up that high on his skinny arm ;)

cool stuff

salud

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.