PDA

View Full Version : Looking for advice how to paint like disney!

sefton
02-09-2009, 03:33 PM
Hi I would like to further enhance my characters with painting. I have photoshop & painter x.

the style I would like is the classic/common style like disney characters (disney princess for example).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/seftonvr6/New_DisneyPrincess_1280x1024.jpg

could anyone point me to any tutorials that would help me?

Thanks
Craig.

paperclip
02-14-2009, 11:05 AM
I'm going to begin this by assuming you've read through the stickies, tutorials, etc that are on this forum. After reading Loomis, etc- you'll have a much better idea of what you need.

That's number one.

Number two- it sounds like you want a quick fix. There is no such thing. HOWEVER, I can look at the pictures and tell you what I think you want at this point in time.

1) The most important thing is the line art. A badly drawn snow white just isn't snow white. Get the drawings as precise as you can.

2) Scan in the line art and clean it up. Go over it with the pen tool and- if you look closely- you'll see that the line art is usually coloured to go with the fill colour. You can do this quite quickly once you've gone over the line art.

3) The fill colours...rather self explanatory.

4) There appears to be some airbrushing around the edges- airbrush tool.

Moral of the story? It's not the tools, it's the skillz behind them that make a disney painting a disney painting. Why don't you start up a thread and we'll see how we can help you?

There ain't no school like the old school though. Basics are important!!

CGTalk Moderation
02-14-2009, 11:05 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.