PDA

View Full Version : krakatoa+fumefx

walwop
02-07-2009, 03:28 PM
hello

ihave been trying to use krkatoa with fume fx for a while now using the fume follow operator in pflow, how ever i think iam still doing something wrong as the partikles dont seem to be affected by fume, by that i mean they dont move instead they stop emiting at fram0 or even worse they just render as a partikle box even if their moving, i will upload an image of my pflow event, so i hape that some you could help me out with this or iam gona pull my hair out

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd141/walwop/warong.jpg

Bobo
02-07-2009, 05:43 PM
Not easy to tell without trying, but keep in mind that PFlow always evaluates from top to bottom. In your flow, you have the FumeFX operator BEFORE the position operator, which leads me to believe that on frame 0, the particles have indetermined positions entering the FumeFXFollow operator. Cannot tell if that confuses the flow after the first frame, but try moving the FumeFXFollow where it belongs, AFTER the Position operator and see if it changes anything. Also delete the Speed, Rotation and Shape operators since they do nothing.

walwop
02-07-2009, 06:03 PM
Not easy to tell without trying, but keep in mind that PFlow always evaluates from top to bottom. In your flow, you have the FumeFX operator BEFORE the position operator, which leads me to believe that on frame 0, the particles have indetermined positions entering the FumeFXFollow operator. Cannot tell if that confuses the flow after the first frame, but try moving the FumeFXFollow where it belongs, AFTER the Position operator and see if it changes anything. Also delete the Speed, Rotation and Shape operators since they do nothing.

thanks for the reply, i moved the fumefollow to top from the end of the list thinking that that would solve the problem but unfotunately that did not work, but will do as you said to see if that changes anything

regards

SoLiTuDe
02-07-2009, 06:06 PM
Also: Make sure you export velocity in fumefx... without it pflow will have no information to follow.

walwop
02-07-2009, 06:08 PM
Also: Make sure you export velocity in fumefx... without it pflow will have no information to follow.

man i feel like a noob, how do export the velocity since i cant see any export options in the gui, i know its a stupid question

found how to exprt the velocity, will see ow it goes

thanks again guys

regards

walwop
02-07-2009, 06:24 PM
problem solved like you said solitude i hadnt eported the velocity during sime, i also had to place the particles in the middle of the fume grid for it to work

thanks for the help

CGTalk Moderation
02-07-2009, 06:24 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.