PDA

View Full Version : Baking syflex simulation with Gator?

chokata
02-07-2009, 09:42 AM
Hi. Is this possible to transfer animaton from one object to another with Gator? I have made a syflex cloth simulation with low poly object and i want to transfer it on the high poly version of the same object. I can't bake it with syflex cache /when apply it the object becomes invisible?!?/ and because of that I baked it with write geometry cache.
Can i transfer the animation from low to high poly and why when apply the syflex cache my object dissapears? Thank you in advance:)

pooby
02-07-2009, 10:27 AM
You could apply the low poly animation to the hi poly using a cage deformer.

TheRazorsEdge
02-10-2009, 10:02 AM
Is the XSI Cage deformer the same as the Maya Wrap deformer? That's what I would suggest as well. Works great in Maya. I havent tried it in XSI yet, but see no reason why it should not work the same way.

Cheers!

chokata
02-11-2009, 08:39 PM
Hi guys. The cage deformer is not appropriate it this case, because my mesh is dense and the simulation becomes too slow.I solve the problem with plotting in shape animation, than transferring the animation with gator.
Thanks for the replies. I like XSI. :buttrock:

CGTalk Moderation
02-11-2009, 08:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.