PDA

View Full Version : Help with modeling problem.

themug
02-07-2009, 12:26 AM
Hey guys, I'm new to modeling so this problem could probably easily be solved with a simple settings change but...anyways...

I'm following a tutorial on face modeling. The tutorial says that you should start with the eyes and mouth first. It says to create a plane and split the polygon into two halves. It then says to extrude the top polygon inwards to create a smaller polygon inside. Then I am to move, scale and position the smaller polygon over the eye and delete the face. And here's the problem....

When I attempt to move, scale, etc., the polygon, i get a multi colored outline on the edges and the outer edges are pulled and skewed when I move the Vertexs of the smaller polygon.

Sorry if this sounds confusing, but its hard to explain. Here's the link to the tutorial so you know what I am supposed to be doing...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xls25e08sSg...

It's one of the first steps.

Any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

Cubikat
02-09-2009, 10:03 PM
Please tell people what modeling program you're using, are you using 3ds Max, Maya....or something else?

If you're using Max, I can probably help you, but if you're using something else, then you'll need somebody who is experienced with that particular program to help you out.

Cool video find by the way :).

Piflik
02-09-2009, 10:18 PM
If it is Max you're working with, I assume you have 'Soft Selection' turned on. If it's another program, I assume you have a similar option activated, with a different name.

Either way, turn it off and it should work properly.

CGTalk Moderation
02-09-2009, 10:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.