PDA

View Full Version : noob question...

snide
06-30-2003, 05:42 AM
sorry for the noob question, but i figured someone might be patient enough with us new guys to help me out.

im currently doing a fishbowl scene with a fish in a glass bowl with some rocks and plants and what not.

my question is... is there a simple way to fill one object with another object...i.e. filling water into the bowl without physically modelling the shape of the water in (which im sure would be an imprecise fit once completed? is there a way to just use a boolean or something to cut the exact shape from the inside of the bowl itself? many thanks ahead of time.

SplineGod
06-30-2003, 05:44 AM
You could use particles and Hypervoxels which would take a long time to calculate and render. You can easy create "water" polys but copying existing polys and points then duplicating them and changing surfaces.
Is this some kind of exercise? :)

snide
06-30-2003, 06:00 AM
second option sounds like a good idea. should have thought of that one, real simple. it's not a formal exercise, just one that i thought would give a good challenge for learning the program. i'm basically just trying to learn some of the more intermediate skills in lightwave, this project covers all of the following...

creating realistic glass...
creating realistic water with a bit of fog...
creating pebbles at the bottom...
creating a lifelike goldfish with seperate surfaces to deal with transparencies in the fins...etc.

mostly im sure the pebbles are gonna be the big challenge because i don't know if i should be modeling them all seperately and then hand placing them in the bowl. ive already modeled the fish, but id imagine the fins and mapping is going to be tricky. anyways, thanks for your help. any advice with how to go about some of this stuff would be appreciated.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.