PDA

View Full Version : Lighwave Core

jimjam
02-05-2009, 09:10 AM
Today's big 3D news:

http://www.newtek.com/core/techfaq.php

Could EI produce a rendering engine and modeler for Core?
Think of the potential!

JimM

juanxer
02-05-2009, 09:37 AM
An interesting tidbit: they use the Qt framework, too.

futagoza
03-18-2009, 10:10 PM
Just received a newsletter today and it looks really promising. Im seriously thinking of a companion upgrade. What do you guys think about it?

http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/core/index.php

Regards
Stefan

Vizfizz
03-18-2009, 10:47 PM
Today's big 3D news:

http://www.newtek.com/core/techfaq.php

Could EI produce a rendering engine and modeler for Core?
Think of the potential!

JimM

Hi Jim,

I'm under the impression that Core already has a modeling system. My guess is that any attempts to bring EI and LW together, company wise, would mean the dissolution of EI. Camera would likely be picked over, dismantled, and integrated into LW...and that would be that.

Now could Camera be modified to be a render engine for LW? Maybe. But so far we haven't seen that kind of openness from EITG to license out its rendering technology.

Vizfizz
03-26-2009, 10:16 PM
I'm telling yah, Jay Roth and crew are definitely paying attention to things we have to say over here. lol. Lightwave released some new updates on their website about Core. I particularly like this quote:

For the first time, a professional 3D application is evolving in collaboration with a community of artists. With LightWave CORE the members are part of the development process, not just the final stage of bug testing. Leveraging substantive and immediate community feedback breaks new ground in the 3D industry. We believe the collaboration between NewTek and the HardCORE team members represent the future of effective product development.

Communal development for a private package. Hmmmm... where have I heard that before?

Vizfizz
03-26-2009, 11:12 PM
Not to try and copy lightwave directly but I wonder if a similar system would work for EI? Users wanting more say in the development process could pay a fee to see certain features developed.

We tried to do this the non paid way with the advisory board but that wasn't entirely successful.

Vizfizz
03-26-2009, 11:15 PM
I'm sure though that more than feature requests would have to be considered before users fork out additional money on top of an upgrade cost. LW is mixing in training and various bonus materials. Ultimately it's a mechanism to get development monies more in advance.

Vizfizz
03-26-2009, 11:23 PM
I offered a suggestion to Brad once to offer Golden upgrades for a larger price tag that ultimately gave that user free upgrades for life. If combined with more feature say, training and bonuses it might be an idea.

juanxer
03-27-2009, 12:21 AM
Boy how I wish Tesla was already here because, as soon as it is integrated into the EIAS arsenal, EITG will be able to unleash all kinds of marketing ideas. Luxology seems to be doing quite well with their training courses, by the way.

(I really hope negociations with Ramjac ultimately bear fruit: that nodal system they hinted about in their website is supremely intriguing, and could be key to giving EIAS a second wind in its sails, perhaps providing most of the advantages Core and such do)

CGTalk Moderation
03-27-2009, 12:21 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.