PDA

View Full Version : Toolbar like Custom User Interface from script

kittikun
02-05-2009, 05:48 AM
Hi all,

I'm currently working on a tool and I want to have the toolbar using the same system as the custom interface menu. Users should be able to remove or add buttons like any toolbar already there.

I know that to make commands appear in the list, I have to make macroScripts but I can't find a way to create a tool bar from script.

I know how to do it using the interface, but I want to show the toolbar with some basics buttons when the plugin is loaded.

All those info are stored in a cui file. I'm not sure how to offer this, I don't want to force a cui file and have users to redo everything...

Thanks in advance !

ZeBoxx2
02-05-2009, 07:46 AM
no can do - can't create your own toolbars nor add buttons to / removes buttons from existing toolbars using MaxScript.

( that is to say - you *might* be able to fidget with the CUI file but odds are the resulting file, when loaded, will make 3ds Max go *poof* never to be heard from again until the user deletes the CUI files - the CUI file format is undocumented and one of the great mysteries ;) )

kittikun
02-05-2009, 07:50 AM
Err... I can't believe they haven't thought about it...
Anyway, i'll try the unsafe way, directly alter the cui file :buttrock:

Thanks anyway !

CGTalk Moderation
02-05-2009, 07:50 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.