PDA

View Full Version : animate on -- setting rotations also offsetting and keying translation

ACFred
02-04-2009, 05:15 PM
Hey there. So, I'm transferring data from one animated rig to a completely different animated rig. Translations seem to be working fine, but whenever I apply a key to the rotations using this code:

for animTime in animStart to animEnd do
(
with animate on
(
at time animTime
(
p = inverse proxyName.transform.rotationPart
orientName.rotation = p
)
)
)

I end up setting keys on the orientation and translation. Conceptually, I think I know what's going on (I could be wrong). Since the position of a rotated object in a hierarchy is also changing it's world position and "animate on" records changes associated with objects referenced within, it sets keys on position as well. Is there a way to isolate the keys to the rotation and avoid altering the translation? Maybe I'm not setting the right rotation value.

Any hints?

-- oh, and how the hell do I get [CODE] to display my code properly.

Thanks,

Alec

PiXeL_MoNKeY
02-04-2009, 06:21 PM
Look up "Node Transform Properties" in the Maxscript Help. At the bottom there is a script for world rotation without effecting the node position.

-Eric

-- oh, and how the hell do I get [CODE] to display my code properly. Use quote instead.

CGTalk Moderation
02-04-2009, 06:21 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.